Peavey. Century 1st generation booster jack

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey bass amplifiers.
AltecA7Luvr

Peavey. Century 1st generation booster jack

Post by AltecA7Luvr » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:06 pm

Trying to figure out how the booster jack on a first generation (60 watt) head. There is just the jack....no wires. Have the schematic. Not much help there either. Have found a couple of pictures of the internals, but wanted to make sure I get it hooked back up the right way. Thanks!

Enzo

Re: Peavey. Century 1st generation booster jack

Post by Enzo » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:11 pm

Look at your schematic, th booster output is just a voltage divider off the output of the power amp. The jack is grounded to the panel and the tip is wired to the two resistors. They are on the power amp. Find the 22k wired to the output.

AltecA7Luvr

Post by AltecA7Luvr » Tue May 03, 2022 7:40 pm

Thanks! Found a picture online that shows exactly that. Wanted to make sure that was right.

AltecA7Luvr

Post by AltecA7Luvr » Thu May 05, 2022 10:46 pm

Well...looks like my Century is toast. Was hoping I could use the preamp in the head, and run a power amp off the booster jack. Powers on but no output. Was told it "just stopped working" but after taking the back off shows signs of something getting spilled in it. Condition is a solid 8 in my opinion, but......
Thanks for everyone's help in helping me try to sort it out.

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Fri May 06, 2022 5:38 pm

In mt experience, I can fix these in my sleep. They are not a challenge to a good tech. And as a tech, NO SOUND is usually a lot easier to fix than POOR SOUND.