How to open up my Peavey 210 TX bass cabinet

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey bass amplifiers.
Hublocker

How to open up my Peavey 210 TX bass cabinet

Post by Hublocker » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:52 pm

I want to open up my Peavey 210 TX bass cabinet.

I bought it 2nd hand on Thursday and though it worked fine at the vendor's house, when I got home one speaker doesn't work.

How do you open up the cab to check things

From the front?

I'm no tech, I'll admit that, but I have opened up an old Fender Bandmaster cab and a 1970s Ampeg B25B cab too, but they were simple with a big flat back board.

This is different.

PEAVEY 210 TX SPECIFICATIONS Pdf Download | ManualsLib

Any ideas of what to look for?

I opened up the side through the carry handle hole this morning and the wiring is solid at the speaker.

The thing still sounds really good with only one speaker functioning. It wasn't until i was seated facing it playing my bass that I realized one cone wasn't moving the way the other was.

JamesPaul

Re: How to open up my Peavey 210 TX bass cabinet

Post by JamesPaul » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:59 am

I don't own a 210 TX, but if there aren't obvious screws holding a panel on the back then access will be thru the front. Look for screws in the corners, the center of the 4 sides and very center of the front grill. Sometimes there will be Velcro or male/female fasteners instead of screws.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

Bassguitarist1985

Post by Bassguitarist1985 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:23 pm

Hey,

I have the 210tvx. 4 screws each hold the speakers in, and i believe 6 screws hold the input box on. Each speaker is 8ohms wired in parallel for a 4 ohm average impedance. Before you disassemble check the ohm of the cab first. If one speaker is open circuit the cab will read 8 ohms instead of 4.

The 121-8 sheffield speakers are NLA from Peavey sadly, but there are recone kits available thankfully.

Let us know how you progress!
Pro Audio 16FX2, PV6USB, 2xQF131, QF215, 2x SP2, 2xSP118, 2xPV1600, PV3800, 4xKPC15MP
Bass - Grind 6 NTB 410TVX, 115BVX, MAX700, 210TVX, MiniMega, VB-2, VB-3, VB-MA

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:19 am

Looking at photos I can see the speakers mount from the front. You can get inside by removing the grille, then speakers can be removed.

As 1985 mentions, the rear jack panel comes off with a few screws, and generally if I do that I can reach the speaker connections from there.

I have on occasion removed a side handle to gain access thrpough that hole.