MiniMax Thermal shutdown Issue

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey bass amplifiers.
Nighttrain1127

MiniMax Thermal shutdown Issue

Post by Nighttrain1127 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:30 pm

I have had this head since March But due to Covid 19 lockdown no Band Practices until recently . So once it heats up the fan does not come on and it goes into thermal shutdown. If I let it cool down it comes back on. The only thing that shuts down is the power section. any Thoughts on a fix? I was going to take the top off and see if the fan was connected but not sure if that would void the warranty or not. Suggestions appreciated. I have checked all cables ect

Thanks

Nighttrain1127

Re: MiniMax Thermal shutdown Issue

Post by Nighttrain1127 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:58 am

Just an Update I was contacted By A Peavey tech and I asked if I could open the case and see if the fan was unplugged. He said he could not tell me to do that but if I wanted to go ahead. So I did and the connection was loose. So I pushed it back on and plugged in the head and the fan started up after a second or two. No More shutdown Issues. However the connection is flimsy at best and the plug does not lock onto the pins as some used to do. So this problem could come back. Fortunately it only takes a couple minutes to fix.
Thank you for all your help this is a great resource and the Tech was super easy to deal with.