Bass Amplifier Recommendation ?

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey bass amplifiers.
FelixArthur

Bass Amplifier Recommendation ?

Post by FelixArthur » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:43 am

I may be playing some bass for an acoustic group. The venues will likely be smaller clubs, wine bars, coffee shops and the occasional corporate event. My expectation is any corporate event will have a professional sound company available. I am primarily a guitarist, but I have an Epiphone Jack Casady Bass I try to play.

What would you recommend as a practical bass amplifier for these types of gigs? I typically play the JC thru my Vypyr VIP 3, but the VIP 3 seems a bit large for the space in wine bars and coffee shops. I have a Classic 115e I could put a 4 ohm Black Widow back in and then use a bass head, but again this seems like a bigger size than I would want.

cbundavis

Re: Bass Amplifier Recommendation ?

Post by cbundavis » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:06 pm

Depending on the money that you are looking to spend to have a nice setup.
The markbass bassamps are pretty alright the 212 combo you can buy an extension cab for that.
Peavey amp wise, when i started out playing bass in 2000, My first bass amp was a TNT 115BW and it handled everything i needed and i was able to play small venues and band rehearsals etc. I also have a really good friend of mine that has a TNT 115 with the 15in Sheffield in his instead of the black widow. he has played some pretty good size places with that. would be excellent.
there are many good bass amps out there just research and trial and error.
Music is the only thing keeping the planet together. ...(Jaco Pastorius)

grabdexter

Re: Bass Amplifier Recommendation ?

Post by grabdexter » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:15 am

Trace Elliot Elf. The best bass amp for portability and price.
EBS Reidmar 750. EBS's latest lightweight dragon-slayer is winner