Bass Amplifier Recommendation

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey bass amplifiers.
EzekielGavin

Bass Amplifier Recommendation

Post by EzekielGavin » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:17 am

I may be playing some bass for an acoustic group. The venues will likely be smaller clubs, wine bars, coffee shops and the occasional corporate event. My expectation is any corporate event will have a professional sound company available. I am primarily a guitarist, but I have an Epiphone Jack Casady Bass I try to play.

What would you recommend as a practical bass amplifier for these types of gigs? I typically play the JC thru my Vypyr VIP 3, but the VIP 3 seems a bit large for the space in wine bars and coffee shops. I have a Classic 115e I could put a 4 ohm Black Widow back in and then use a bass head, but again this seems like a bigger size than I would want.

Thanks in advance for any help.

alexawiliams784

Re: Bass Amplifier Recommendation

Post by alexawiliams784 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:58 am

I am using Markbass Little Mark Vintage 500W Bass Amp Head. Working fine for me..

rbcarleton

Post by rbcarleton » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:42 pm

That VIP 3 might work out. It's a hundred watts, and the similarly sized of the current Peavey Bass Amp offerings aren't really smaller.

On the other hand, one of my co-workers is very happy with his Trace Elliot ELF Bass Amplifier (200 watts), using it with the Trace Elliot 1x10 Cab.
The 6 string guitar is the roadster of the guitars. It's fast, agile and fun. The bass guitar is more like a muscle car. It can move out too, but it's more about power.

cbundavis

Post by cbundavis » Sun May 24, 2020 10:37 am

I think those markbass amps are great. I haven't owned 1 but i have been to a few shows with people using them the 212 combos they seemed to have a tight punch to them and very versatile
Music is the only thing keeping the planet together. ...(Jaco Pastorius)