Peavey tnt 115

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey bass amplifiers.
Arvin

Peavey tnt 115

Post by Arvin » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:17 am

Hi everyone

Got a question to ask.

I have this peavey tnt 115 bass amp, a soundking passive DI box and behringer p1 IEM.

My problem is no sound is coming out of my IEM and i think the back of my amp isn't working so i bought a DI box, but still no sound coming out from my IEM, i hope some expert can help me.

Thanks

mexman

Re: Peavey tnt 115

Post by mexman » Wed May 27, 2020 8:33 am

Hi Arvin:
Sometimes troubleshooting is not about just combining different gadgets, items, boxes and equipment but finding the root cause.
1. Did you read, understand and follow all manuals?
2. Did you check if there is an output signal from the TNT 115 speaker? Just listen to it.
3. Is there an output signal from the DI socket of the TNT115 (by connecting a measurement equipment like a signal follower or separate amplifier or headphone)
4. Measure the resistance between the extreme pins of the DI connector on the TNT 115 with the equipment disconnected and OFF. You should read around 50 kOhm with the Ground Lift Button = OUT and about 100kOhm with the Ground Lift Button = IN.

IF 1. and 2. are YES AND 3. OR 4. is NO, contact qualified personal or PEAVEY service center. Otherwise, check the rest of the equipment.

Regards
Michael