New Mini Mega Bad?

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey bass amplifiers.
brithedark

New Mini Mega Bad?

Post by brithedark » Wed May 15, 2019 11:46 am

I just got a Mini Mega to do some festival shows this summer. I've used Peavey bass amps since 1986. But this one has me concerned. It's ghosting notes on sustain. Almost like a speaker or component is fried. On the tail of any sustained note, there's a strange distortion. I have all the bells and whistles off. And I get none of the artifact when I plug the exact same cables and bass into another brand head sitting right below it. I've tried thru 4 different cabs. and a few diff cables.

Has anyone ever experienced it? Is it a known prob with the amp?

Brian Anthony
www.brianjanthony.com

ohjeeztwr

Re: New Mini Mega Bad?

Post by ohjeeztwr » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:31 pm

I just bought one in mid-July 2020 and I have it hooked up to one 4 x 10 cabinet speaker for bass. I haven't been playing loud or anything like that and the first few times I used it, it worked fine but this time, in the middle of a song, I heard a 'click' and the sound quit. The cooling fans went into "High gear" and it hasn't worked since. It didn't feel hot or warm at the time of the click so it wasn't overheated but I just don't know what happened.

Enzo

Re: New Mini Mega Bad?

Post by Enzo » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:51 pm

Well, a brand new amp came down with a problem? That is what warranties are for. Either contact the retailer who sold it to you or take the amp to the nearest authorized Peavey repair shop.