Peavey Tour TNT 115 600 watt Schematic For Repair

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey bass amplifiers.
MongkolLumachai

Peavey Tour TNT 115 600 watt Schematic For Repair

Post by MongkolLumachai » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:39 pm

Hello

I have a Peavey Tour TNT 115 600 watt, this is not working. I need a schematic that has both Power Amp, Pre Amp, Power Supply (Switching) to repair it myself. How do I do it? Please provide or provide contact information for Schematic to practice. It is a great grace. I hope in your kindness from all of you.

Thank you
Mongkol Lumachai

Enzo

Re: Peavey Tour TNT 115 600 watt Schematic For Repair

Post by Enzo » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:42 pm

mexman

Post by mexman » Tue May 26, 2020 11:04 pm

Hi Enzo. Right answer..... but the Service guys do not answer :-(
And no working support far away in Europe :-(

Regards
Michael
Musicians using electric/electronic instruments or equipment should learn about it as much as they can. Best, they are Electronic Engineers!

mexman

Post by mexman » Wed May 27, 2020 8:58 am

@Enzo:
Sorry for this post, but I see you do not permit PM :-(

Just seen you are - I guess - the forum guy here ;-)
Just want to say hello!
Just stumbled in in order to find some info about my TNT 115 TOUR problem and I like your statements and your standard answer "Contact customer service." or just "[email protected]" ;-) Unfortunately I was not lucky on getting a schematic and exactly THIS schematic is not online :-)

For me it would be a nice challenge to fix that... my actual business is designing 7.5kW motor controller for automotive application (electromobility) with the same technology: high-frequency, fast-switching, high-voltage, much filtering and safety functions. But w/o schematic : Nope!

I see you live in Lansing.... I have been working for some time in Brose / Auburn Hills and got to know Lansing also...nice town, I like it!
Now I am back to Germany after many years abroad service in Mexico, US, China.... for my last years before retiring!

Hope to read many more of your comments..... I see you have a lot of experience also ;-)

Regards
Michael
Musicians using electric/electronic instruments or equipment should learn about it as much as they can. Best, they are Electronic Engineers!

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Wed May 27, 2020 11:40 am

How long did you wait? With most of the USA shut down because of the COVID virus, there are only a few of them working now at Peavey.

I don't have that one to post for you.

mexman

Post by mexman » Wed May 27, 2020 1:16 pm

Hi Enzo,
I see, I will stay more patient ;-)
I already got an answer, but pointing me to wrong documents (TNT 115 instead of TNT 115 TOUR, which is a complete different Amp technology) and only a users manual instead of a service manual.
Will again try to call them tomorrow.

Regards
Michael

mexman

Post by mexman » Wed May 27, 2020 1:56 pm

Enzo: Everything is fine! I just got the Schematic! Great Service! I am just too impatient :-(

Regards
Michael

Samcase

Post by Samcase » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:18 am

Hi mexman,
Would you mind to share this schematic with me?
My church´s cube needs to repaired and it has a couple of burned components that I cannot identify (including smds).
Our´s is also a TNT 115 600 Watts Tour Series (with mosfets) and I couldn´t find on the net.
I´d be VERY glad if you could help us.

Thanks in advance!

basephuzz

Post by basephuzz » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:47 pm

My apologies for reviving an old topic, but would anyone happen to have the schematic for this amp still? I emailed Peavey directly a few weeks ago but no response. I've also called them a couple of times, and no one has answered the phone. Not really sure what is going on. Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

mexman

Post by mexman » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:52 pm

Please send a PM to me.
Very strange..... the Peavey guys are very helpful. Of course you have to make some calls to find the right guys. Their service turned me into a big Peavey fan!

basephuzz

Post by basephuzz » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:50 pm

Hi Mexman,

Thank you for the quick response to my post. I was actually able to figure out the wiring I needed. Turns out the amp has bigger problems, and it requires a repair that I don't think it's worth (In my opinion).

mexman

Post by mexman » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:12 pm

Indeed repair is not easy, as this is a Class-D Amp with SMPS.
I removed the power amp and installed a new SMPS with seperate Class-D 500W module. Much cheaper than a part-to-part repair....