T-Max Head

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey bass amplifiers.
petetexas

Re: T-Max Head

Post by petetexas » Sun May 31, 2015 3:17 am

Never thought of that , good point . :idea:

Will keep using it at band rehearsals for a while ( normally a couple of hours each week ) see how it goes .

My SVT3- Pro does not sound as good , but will have to do :(

petetexas

Post by petetexas » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:15 pm

Update...............

Recording at home this afternoon ( not using any amp - Lakland active Bass :arrow: M Audio Fast Track :arrow: into PC ) the volume faded in and out ! :o

I believe my problem could be nothing to do with the Peavey T-Max fading in and out , but the Bartolini pre amp in my Bass ! :shock:

Going to change it for a Glockenklang pre amp ! :D

Pete

Hemi

Post by Hemi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:16 pm

I don't trust active preamps, I've had similar problems myself. All my basses are now passive, even if they shipped as active, they all sound better for it. :mrgreen:
Varg Vikernes - uses Piveë Amps and Guitars, you should too. :mrgreen:

petetexas

Post by petetexas » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:28 am

Hi,
The Glockenklang pre amp has a push /pull volume pot , which makes it passive / active , so if there is a problem with the active , I can at least change to a passive ( and it still maintains a treble roll off in passive stae )
Will start using my T-Max now ( when I can get to rehearsal room and get it back )
Pete :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hemi

Post by Hemi » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:22 pm

Dunno about the Lakland, but the active pickups in my WK5 sounded absolutely great run thru a passive tone/vol stack. I just pulled out the preamp and built a tone stack in the cavity, haven't looked back.

It's also one of the reasons I lust after a Grind5, it comes standard with passive humbuckers. :mrgreen:

petetexas

Post by petetexas » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:45 am

Hi Hemi,

I removed the standard Bartolini Mk1 pickups on my Lakland a while ago , and fitted Nordstrand Neo 5 pickups , which are passive pickups anyhow ,

so using the Volume pot ( push / pull - active / passive ) on the Glockenklang pre amp , will mean that I will have a selection of " straight thro" or "boost

and cut bass , mid , treb "

When I installed the Nordstrand pickups , I noticed an immediate improvement in the quality of the tone , and when I get and install the Glockenklang

pre amp , it should improve it even more ( should be here today - keep ya posted ).

By the way - Glockenklang state in their specs , that when all controls are set to middle , there is no difference in volume or tone going Active or Passive

Cant wait for next rehearsal , with the T-Max :D :D :D

Pete

owl199

Post by owl199 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:34 am

It´s a long time gone, but I am curious to know how you connected the Pickups to the Glockenklang, since your PU shoud have more wires than the Glockenklang preamp foresees.(having right now that problem)
Regards
Tiziano

Hemi

Post by Hemi » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:13 pm

Are you meaning you have too many pickups, or too many wires?

The wires will just be different coils of the same pickup, you can choose to connect them in series, or parallel as sounds best for you.

If you have multiple pickups and a single pickup pre-amp, just put a switch in front of it, or as above, decide to connect the pickups in series or parallel.

My favourite sound is one of my Peavey basses, with the extra control pulled out, and the two pickups wired in series, sounds massive, everyone should run it this way.

owl199

Post by owl199 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:02 am

Hemi wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:13 pm
Are you meaning you have too many pickups, or too many wires?

The wires will just be different coils of the same pickup, you can choose to connect them in series, or parallel as sounds best for you.

If you have multiple pickups and a single pickup pre-amp, just put a switch in front of it, or as above, decide to connect the pickups in series or parallel.

My favourite sound is one of my Peavey basses, with the extra control pulled out, and the two pickups wired in series, sounds massive, everyone should run it this way.
No, I ment I had too many wires, but I found out the way, unfortunately was not the original Pre fried, since with the new Glockenklang it´s still silent.Guess I have to seek for new Pups, any suggestion for a Peavey Cirrus 4?