need wiring for old square logo cab

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey bass amplifiers.
EricStJohn

need wiring for old square logo cab

Post by EricStJohn » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:49 pm

410TVX, 4Ω, square logo, not lightening bolts.
I got it with one speaker that looks generic af. They're supposed be Sheffields according to the buy it now promo poster. Not that there's anyone actually working in Meridian to answer the phone.. the Peavey sticker on it says model 121-4 so it's a 4Ω speaker. No wattage rating. Hell I dunno what the cab is power rated for except for it's a 4Ω cab. Since daddy's retired, it seems that PV has gone all Behringer on us b/c I get NO responses from Meridian. At least the girl in the phone room is nice despite her total ignorance of musical gear.
I need a schem for the cab wiring, and since daddy retired, I'll be stuck buying some other brand of speakers to stick into this but I cant seem to find a wiring diagram. What happened to the best company a musician could ask for? Daddy retired and the spoiled kids are hiring out the management...

studiodtk5

Re: need wiring for old square logo cab

Post by studiodtk5 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:21 pm

Well a bit of unnecessary commentary. I do not have the cabinet or the schematic, but there are only a few choices. The amp is probably loaded with 16 ohm speakers. If that is the case, they are all wired in parallel. 8 ohm speakers will not get you to a 4 ohm load with 4 speakers. If they are 4 ohm speakers then the circuit is a bit messy. There will be two pairs in parallel and then those pairs will be in series.
Does this cabinet have a tweeter? If it does there will be a cross over.

Usually if you nicely email customer service or even talk nicely to them on the phone, they will email you the schematic.
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...