Yeah, another footswitch issue.

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
mbr12

Yeah, another footswitch issue.

Post by mbr12 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:56 am

I'm stumped.
I have 2 identical Peavey Bandit red stripe amps, both in very good condition. I have only one footswitch.
On amp #1 the reverb is on, and on amp #2 the reverb is off. The footswitch doesn't turn the reverb on or off on either amp. The channel select works fine, no issue there. The springs go sproing through the speaker when tapping the tanks on both amps. Sounds like the reverb button is the problem, right?
I removed the base of the switch and checked the wiring, looks good. Sprayed contact cleaner on the buttons and worked them on and off. Cleaned the jacks on both amps. Checked the molex connectors. Removed the tanks and checked the wiring. All good. No diff.
I checked continuity at the plug. Got continuity on both buttons when on and none when off. Sounds like a good switch, right?
I tried the switch from my Fender Ultimate Chorus. It only worked the channel select, which I expected since it has a mono plug.
Any ideas on the the problem? Is there a way to activate the reverb circuit on #2 without the switch? I would rather have reverb on amp 2 always on, like amp 1.
Thanks

Pappy B

Re: Yeah, another footswitch issue.

Post by Pappy B » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:34 pm

Make sure you push the footswitch plug all the way in the jack. Should feel 2 clicks.
The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.