Recording on PC

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Cosmo_Nanaki

Recording on PC

Post by Cosmo_Nanaki » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:32 pm

Hi Members.

I own the Peavy 6505MH amp and I noticed there was a usb port at the back of it to record to PC.

Has anyone tested it?
Does it sound good?
Is it worth doing to record to a DAW?
Any Delay from hitting the strings to hearing it on PC?
From the reading the manual it stated to change the OHMs and other stuff if using this feature.

Or is it better to use a microphone to PC or use a Audio interface instead?

I have some drum sounds so want to record riffs and stuff.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards
Cosmo

WrldEatr9

Re: Recording on PC

Post by WrldEatr9 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:14 pm

Haven't tried it on mine. But it's easy enough, give it a go see how you like it.

modus2000

Post by modus2000 » Mon May 08, 2023 7:20 am

USB signal go through internal Cab Sim which I don't like
It is better to take signal from SEND (from preamp) and connect to IR cabsim and than via recording interface to DAW

The Guitar

Post by The Guitar » Mon May 08, 2023 7:01 pm

Here's my digital set up; Line6 Toneport UX2 interface, Pod Farm (amps, cabs, FX, and so on), & Cool Edit Pro 2.1. It's fine and is handy if you want to play at all hours. Yeah, you could run a mic to the PC's mic port. Just get the appropriate adapters. At one time I had a XLR-¼" adapter then a ¼"-⅛" adapter and that worked. There's also the Hughes & Kettner Red Box which is a cab simulator. Run from the Out on the head to the box, then to the PC. I might snag one so I can play at night and wake no one.😝 As far as latency goes, that'll be adjusted in the recording program you use.

lestsanu

Post by lestsanu » Wed May 31, 2023 3:35 am

The Guitar wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 7:01 pm
Here's my digital set up; Line6 Toneport UX2 interface, Pod Farm (amps, cabs, FX, and so on), & Cool Edit Pro 2.1. It's fine and is handy if you want to play at all hours. Yeah, you could run a mic to the PC's mic port. Just get the appropriate adapters. At one time I had a XLR-¼" adapter then a ¼"-⅛" adapter and that workedbackrooms game There's also the Hughes & Kettner Red Box which is a cab simulator. Run from the Out on the head to the box, then to the PC. I might snag one so I can play at night and wake no one.😝 As far as latency goes, that'll be adjusted in the recording program you use.
I would like to ask more about the delay. Honestly, I don't know how to adjust the delay correctly. Can you help me understand more?

The Guitar

Post by The Guitar » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:15 am

lestsanu wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 3:35 am
I would like to ask more about the delay. Honestly, I don't know how to adjust the delay correctly. Can you help me understand more?
For me, in Pod Farm, you can adjust the latency. I'd have to check in my recording program where that option is.