Transfex: emulation of overdrives and other peavey functions

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
nervykind

Transfex: emulation of overdrives and other peavey functions

Post by nervykind » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:54 pm

Hello there,

since I am experimenting with the huge array of sounds the transfex is offering, but still unable to reproduce modern high gain sounds which I am sure the transfex must be capable of doing, I wanted to ask if someone here knows what exactly or approximately a good overdrive pedal or the other good transtube (or even tube)-PVs do when shifting voicings and engaging gain-buttons.
EDIT: ah ok, some explanation of Peavey functions comes with the manuals :)

Somewhere I read about a TS-pedal having a high pass of 720hertz, that I can dial into my "OD"-setting. Other than that I will have to push parameters on the built in EQs.
Any hints for the direction= I never used these pedals so somehow I am unsure.

nervykind

nervykind

Re: Transfex: emulation of overdrives and other peavey functions

Post by nervykind » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:12 am

I am still not able to recreate anything like the gain switch on a Bandit or Supreme. Not that I do exactly need this kind of overdrive but it is the one I know and witch coiuld help me understanding the function. Also not able to recreate the "thrash"-effect.

It seems like there is more effect on the signal chain going from TB to EQ or DS/OD than going from the latter ones into the TB, at least in terms of volume.That does not make any sense to me.

Did anyone experience the same?

I don't want to accept that although overall effect quality is really good on the transfex, I'd need pedals to shape the hi gain sound to my likings...

nervykind

Post by nervykind » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:27 pm

Does nobody else own a Transfex?

studiodtk5

Post by studiodtk5 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:58 am

Which transfer do you have?

I have the small practice amp version with a single 8” speaker. I’ve never tried to get super hi gain stuff out of that amp. But I can pull it out and give it a go.

Maybe you need a Peavey Dirty Dog pedal in front of your amp. Those are from the late 90s I think. And they have the Thrash setting.
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...

nervykind

Post by nervykind » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:36 pm

Hey, it's the 212.
Did not know there also was a single 8" version.
Thank you for answering, but looks like you won't be able to help me except for pointing that pedal out, though it kind of has to be built in :)

studiodtk5

Post by studiodtk5 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:03 pm

So I was mistaken. Mine is not a Tranfex. It is a Transtube 258EFX. I confused the two model names.

Sorry about that.

I don’t have any experience with that model.
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...

nervykind

Post by nervykind » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:55 am

Hello again, read some notes that Peavey updated effect-volume ratio with firmware version 2.0 an transfex and tubefex. Somehow they exchanged the 50/50 ratio to 100% mix (strange since control does not indicate any of this 50%) so that volume is not lost when dialing in effects. (do not find the link anymore :( )

Maybe this could solve the issue of that non sense OD turning down volume in effects chain?

I guess nobody will know about that. My tubefex is on 1.2 and my transfex on 1.3.

nervykind

Post by nervykind » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:33 pm

Thanky but it's 404 link.... :(