6505mh no sound red t.s.i.

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
TomTojo

6505mh no sound red t.s.i.

Post by TomTojo » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:24 pm

Hi, so recently my 6505mh died on me where, at the time, one tsi light went red then the other slowly until both went red and i had no sound. I just left as I didnt have the time or money to deal with it, but now i do. Couple of days ago i changed the power tubes thinking it was that because i dont think they've ever been changed. However it didnt fix anything and I still dont have any sound and both tsi lights are red.
Im thinking its the preamp tubes so i can swap those out, but i was wondering if it could be anything else?

Cagey

Re: 6505mh no sound red t.s.i.

Post by Cagey » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:13 am

Any update on this one? I am presently overhauling a 6505+ and uncovering some of its "issues" let's say... with corrosion being a big one on this particular amp.

My amp survived a flood from hurricane Ian and the main circuit board has a ton of jumpers on it with leads cut real short on the solder side. Corrosion has made it so new solder will not stick to those jumpers and I am having to remove them all one by one and replace them all and make sure this time to leave enough lead sticking through the circuit board to put enough solder on to it so I don't have to worry about it. I am also slightly increasing the size or gauge of the jumper wire itself.

As is, the amp would not be tour worthy. So not only is it getting several upgrades, but every single jumper has to be replaced as well. And mine is one of the USA made models with these issues. I'm changing to ceramic sockets, 1% military grade precision wire wound non-inductive resistors, military grade capacitors, etc. Once done, it should be road worth once again.

But I am curious if you found out why yours stopped working?

WrldEatr9

Re: 6505mh no sound red t.s.i.

Post by WrldEatr9 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:24 am

Did you bias the amp when you changed the power tubes? Because if not it's not biased properly, the tsi light will be red with new tubes.