Peavey VK112

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
ethanmile

Peavey VK112

Post by ethanmile » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:02 am

I used my new VK112 for the first time on a playing job yesterday. I found the amp to be more than adequate and pleasing (tonaly) to the people and several muscians I asked. The room was somewhat large,about 200 capacity, with typical high ceilings. I found the amp has a lot of mids and highs so I really had to keep thse controls just about at the 9'oclock postion and the bass at about 1 o'clock point. The texture ctl. at the tight position and the resonance ctl. engaged. The bright switch was used on some of the songs and not on others. A Boss RV3 and a Goodrich level and tone ctl. unit were also part of my set-up. Steel is an Emmons Lashley LeGrande II and my other amp is Nashville 1000. As I stated before, the amp is very usable (IMHO) for small to mid-size rooms. Thank you Peavey
EthanMilesmini militia apk:mrgreen: you might some fun then download this doodle army 2 apk fast-paced mobile action game and play with friends.

GnLguy

Re: Peavey VK112

Post by GnLguy » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:05 am

Good review Ethan - glad that you found a gem. The VK amps are much better than most people give them credit. If those amps had the Fender name on them, people would rave what a great amp that Fender had developed LOL

Curious if your amp is the 1st gen or the ValveKing II ? Peavey really outdid themselves when they came up with the VK Ii line with all of the added features.

studiodtk5

Re: Peavey VK112

Post by studiodtk5 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:52 pm

I agree the VK II series are excellent. I have the 30W and 50W versions. Like them both. I plan to have two 50W versions. One with 6L6 and one with EL34 tubes.

I’m also have a custom pine cabinet made. I can’t wait to have the upgrade completed.
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...