Studio Pro 50 Board/Component Layout Diagram?

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
JamesPaul

Studio Pro 50 Board/Component Layout Diagram?

Post by JamesPaul » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:21 pm

I am helping a friend troubleshoot an issue with the Saturation tone quality in a Studio Pro 50. We have the schematic, but the board is not labeled. I do have an email in to Customer Service asking for the Layout Diagram, but I see from one of Roger's posts they still have limited staffing due to the pandemic situation.

Given the situation, I think Customer Service will have higher priorities, so I wanted ask if anyone has the Studio Pro 50 Board/Component Layout Diagram and will share it? You can email it to me if you do not want to post it.

In the interim we will start tracing our way through and I will capture the component locations we do identify.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

dak

Re: Studio Pro 50 Board/Component Layout Diagram?

Post by dak » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:18 pm

Given good photographs of front and back of the PCB (by PM I guess), I can try to concoct something like the following:
kba50layout.jpg
kba50layout.jpg (4.89 MiB) Viewed 1405 times
Of course, without labelling, the utility is moderate at best, but at least it makes tracking things somewhat easier. In my case, I am still waiting for the schematic, so it's not like the labelling did a whole lot for me either.

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:37 am

Hey, thanks dak. I truly appreciate your offer. Fortunately I found someone who has it. One stop shopping with both the schematic and board layout in it.

I know Peavey is super busy as they still have not been able to get a copy to me. So I will go ahead and post it in case anyone else needs it.

STUDIO_PRO_50_SCHEMATIC.pdf
Studio Pro 50 Schematic
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 129 times
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

Pappy B

Post by Pappy B » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:38 am

That amp is old enough that some of the electrolytic capacitors may be leaking. The small 2.2 uF are usually the 1st to go. The problem with old caps is that they may look fine buy they aren't.
The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.