The Renegade Series

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
BriceChevalier

The Renegade Series

Post by BriceChevalier » Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:56 pm

Hi from France !

After about a month of research about the Bandit, I've found an official 1980 catalog, showing me that the first Bandit edition was part of something called the "Renegade Series".

According to this catalog, the Renegade Series was composed of three amps : The Rebel, The Outlaw and the Bandit.

It's realy strange because I can't find any of them on reverb, e-bay or whatever, nothing on the peavey's archived manuals and nothing on this wonderful forum.

Does anyone ever heard of those ?

Pappy B

Re: The Renegade Series

Post by Pappy B » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:29 pm

I to have run across part of the catalog referring to the Renegade Series and I think it's been question on this forum at least once. I've don't recall ever seeing an explanation of those 3 amps.

I have to wonder if we know them by different names today. The Bandit; the Outlaw might be the Special; and the Rebel might be the Renown. Just a guess.
The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.

BriceChevalier

Re: The Renegade Series

Post by BriceChevalier » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:27 am

Thanks for this answer !

I've wrote a little description of both Renegade amps, for poeple who wants to know more.
I can't publish the whole catalog because of stupid (and barely legal) copyright things, but I made some front panels screenshots.

The Rebel :

The rebel is a 2x12 140W Rms Dual Channel Amp with a master Reverb.
The channel one is a lead channel with built-in distortion and an active EQ with parametric midrange controls, and the channel two is a clean/overdrive channel with a simple passive EQ.

The Outlaw :

The Outlaw is a 1x12" two channel 100W RMS Amp and a master Reverb.
One with Built-in Distortion and Active EQ with parametric mid-range, and the other with just a pre amp volume.

The Bandit :

The bandit is a 50 W RMS dual channel Amp with built-in Reverb.
Basicly, it's an half Outlaw.
Two Channel, one with distortion and EQ, the other one with just a master.

According to those descriptions, we can assume that the Outlaw is the Solo Series Special (with an added Ground Lift)
The Bandit is the solo Series Bandit 65.
For the Rebel, it looks more complicated :
The Renew 400 is a good candidat, the only difference with the Rebel is the active EQ on the second channel and the added ground lift.
Attachments
Bandit Front.png
Bandit Front.png (74.39 KiB) Viewed 963 times
Peavey Outlaw front panel
Peavey Outlaw front panel
Outlaw Front.png (67.71 KiB) Viewed 963 times
Peavey Rebel front panel
Peavey Rebel front panel
Peavey Rebel Front.png (90.43 KiB) Viewed 963 times