Peavey Envoy 110 loses power

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Stracke

Peavey Envoy 110 loses power

Post by Stracke » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:32 pm

Hi there, i'm experiencing a problem with my amp, i usually use it with a Line6 Firehawk FX pedalboard. During a session with my friends, all was good at first, but suddently after 30 minutes or maybe more, my guitar started sounding like there was high treble and 0 bass. I thought i fixed it by cleaning the jack entrance on the amp, it worked for a few weeks, but today the problem is back, while checking the amp once again i touched the back of the amp wich was very hot, i think way too much than it should be, but i don't know what may cause the problem... Since i'm not really good into these kind of things... Also the power supply was hot. Any ideas on what's causing this? Thanks in advance for any answer. Hope to get some help.

Enzo

Re: Peavey Envoy 110 loses power

Post by Enzo » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:33 am

No FX loop, but you have headphones jack? Dirty contacts inside a phones jack can cause such.

Stracke

Post by Stracke » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:35 am

Enzo wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:33 am
No FX loop, but you have headphones jack? Dirty contacts inside a phones jack can cause such.
So, i don't use any headphones jack, but i've tested my pedalboard to a mixer already, also this problem is happening even if my guitar is plugged into my amp directly. Anyway, my firehawk is connected to the amp using an XLR to Jack 3,5mm and a jack to jack 3,5 mm for guitar, also contacts have been cleaned carefully.
A little update, i've a device that tells me if the ground cable is missing, and i've noticed, depending on the direction i plug the power cord, the ground is missing... I was wondering if this can cause the overheating i'm experiencing...

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:13 pm

You miss my point. I don't care if you USE the phones jack. That jack however has speaker cutout contacts, and if they get iffy, your speaker will either cut out or drop in volume o thin tone.