Peavey blazer, quiet speaker help

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Almondk

Peavey blazer, quiet speaker help

Post by Almondk » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:15 pm

Hello! Was just gifted a peavey blazer, serial number look up says it from ‘95 or later.

My problem is- the amp is very quiet, Kinda like there’s just no power behind it. The guitar is signal is audible, but even with the levels cranked it was no where near how loud I know these things can get.

I tried it thru headphones and sounds like it should, too loud for my ears at 3 or 4.

Any help would greatly be appreciated, been a big fan of peavey guitars for years (I have a t-30 and a foundation bass both from the 80’s) and always loved playing the amps when I’ve been able to get a chance. Thanks!!

stegger

Re: Peavey blazer, quiet speaker help

Post by stegger » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:14 am

Hey - sorry this isn't an answer, but I have exactly the same problem with my Invective 120 amp. ...! :?

Enzo

Re: Peavey blazer, quiet speaker help

Post by Enzo » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:52 pm

The headphones and speaker both use the same power amp circuit. The phones jack just has a resistor in the ground return to reduce the level. My suspects are either the jack, or the speaker itself.

Does the speaker cone move freely? Disconnect the speaker and connect some other speaker in its place. Any help?

Spray some cleaner into the phones jack and poke a plug in and out several times to spread the juice. any help?