Bandit 112 speaker simulated output

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Kdudek

Bandit 112 speaker simulated output

Post by Kdudek » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:59 pm

I recently bought a used bandit 112. When I tried connecting the simulated speaker output to my mackie 6 channel mixer I get no sound out of it. Since I got it used I thought it was broken. I took it back and they had another one so I had them try out the new one and it worked. Now they plugged into a crate amp head. I brought it home and was disappointed when the second amp didn’t work. Do I need to run this through another amp to connect to my mixer? What am I missing here?
Any help would be great and appreciated.

Enzo

Re: Bandit 112 speaker simulated output

Post by Enzo » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:16 pm

When they hooked it up to a mixer, what was different about the hookup from your connections at home?

Which version of the amp do you have?

Kdudek

Post by Kdudek » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:23 pm

They didn’t plug it into a mixer. They plugged into an amp head and basically my amp controlled the volume and tone. I have the silver line series.

Pappy B

Post by Pappy B » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:22 pm

Are you referring to the Transtube model commonly call the "Silver Stripe"? I have one and it doesn't have any port or jack marked Simulated Speaker Output.
The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.

Kdudek

Post by Kdudek » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:22 pm

It is the transtube version. Everything I have read refers to it as the silver stripe. So maybe yours is an older version. Not sure since I am relatively new to using a peavey amp. Their were several of the same model in the store that all had the simulated speaker output. Still hoping for a solution to this dilemma.

Pappy B

Post by Pappy B » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:32 pm

The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.

Kdudek

Post by Kdudek » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:51 pm

This did not help. Mine is a different version, I have the owners manual downloaded but can’t get anymore information about how to use this feature. I appreciate the help but it sounds like I have more digging to do. This is like peaveys best kept secret. It seems like it should be simpler to use. My blackstar has a similar feature that just works.

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:33 am

Kdudek wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:51 pm
This did not help. Mine is a different version, I have the owners manual downloaded but can’t get anymore information about how to use this feature. I appreciate the help but it sounds like I have more digging to do. This is like peaveys best kept secret. It seems like it should be simpler to use. My blackstar has a similar feature that just works.
Take a look at my signature pics.

The second picture down, right column, bottom is the matching 112SX cabinet. The amp sitting on top of it, is what we call a Silver Stripe Bandit. Both of these are marked SOLD in red.

The fifth picture down, right colum, amplifier at the top, is a current generation Bandit. My current gen has the SDO on the back of the chassis. 1/4" output jack and a level control. Is this what you have? If so, I will test mine.

Here is a Bandit timeline. There have been a lot of them.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14177
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

Kdudek

Post by Kdudek » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:03 pm

Yes that is the one I have. Let me know what you find out.

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:43 pm

Kdudek wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:03 pm
Yes that is the one I have. Let me know what you find out.
I will give it a go tomorrow and report back.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.