Bravo 112 + 2x12

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
polillo

Bravo 112 + 2x12

Post by polillo » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:27 pm

Hello, I'm Polillo.
I have a bravo112, and I've always been curious to attach a 2x12 box to it.
I never knew how to put it together.
I don't know if the speakers should go in series or in parallel or what Impedances (Ohms) they should be.
I accept your suggestions.
Thank you very much

JamesPaul

Re: Bravo 112 + 2x12

Post by JamesPaul » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:54 am

I am not sure where the internal speaker connects, but the manual is still available. Review the SPEAKER OUTPUTS (16) on the back panel, and you should be able to sort it out. If not, post back and let us know where the internal speaker connects and someone will assist.

https://assets.peavey.com/literature/ma ... 301262.pdf
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

JamesPaul

Re: Bravo 112 + 2x12

Post by JamesPaul » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:33 pm

I reread the Bravo speaker outputs description a few times, and I am thinking they function like the current Classic series. The output jacks are in parallel, and when you plug into the second jack, they switch to a different tap on the output transformer.

If this is the case for your Bravo, the internal speaker should be 8 ohms impedance, and currently plugged into the 8 ohms minimum jack. So for the 212 cabinet you are building, you will want to use two 16 ohm speakers wired in parallel, which makes your cabinet 8 ohms.

Then when you plug your cabinet into the 4 ohms minimum jack, the amp switches to the 4 ohm tap, and you have the 8 ohm internal speaker in parallel with your 8 ohm cabinet, which is 4 ohms total of speaker impedance.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.