Which amp is this?

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
cosmiclug

Which amp is this?

Post by cosmiclug » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:31 pm

I’m going to buy an amp, unfortunately I don’t have a picture. It is a Vypyr Series amplifier, and on the backside (the left side as you look at the back) it just says “Vypyr”…. Not X1, X2, VIP, etc.… It just says “Vypyr”.

Given this limited amount of information, could somebody tell me what they think it is?

Many thanks for your replies to my very first post!

JamesPaul

Re: Which amp is this?

Post by JamesPaul » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:58 am

cosmiclug wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:31 pm
I’m going to buy an amp, unfortunately I don’t have a picture. It is a Vypyr Series amplifier, and on the backside (the left side as you look at the back) it just says “Vypyr”…. Not X1, X2, VIP, etc.… It just says “Vypyr”.

Given this limited amount of information, could somebody tell me what they think it is?

Many thanks for your replies to my very first post!
Your description reads like it is an original, first generation if you will, Vypyr.

There are 15, 30, 75 & 100 watt TransTube power amp versions. Also 60 & 120 watt tube (6L6) power amp versions. The 100 & 120 are 212, the rest are single speaker.

If you follow the link in my sig, the first pic, left column of amps shows the front of a 30, marked SOLD, sitting on a 75. An Internet search should yield pics of all sides.

Edit: I may be wrong on this. I pulled my 75 out and the Vypyr logo is more towards the right of center, as you look at the back. It also has "75 W MODELLING AMPLIFIER" below the Vypyr. Wait and see who else has some thoughts on this.

Forgot to type earlier, welcome to the forum!
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.