Pacer 100 SS Series Reverb?

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Dooleymjd

Pacer 100 SS Series Reverb?

Post by Dooleymjd » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:12 am

Hello I am new to this forum and couldn’t find anything regarding my issue. I have a Pacer 100 SS Series. It is the later version with the colored knobs. 1980’s I think. Picked it up at Shopgoodwill.com cheap. I’ve got it working and cleaned up. It sounds wonderful. I have several questions. What foot switch goes with this unit? Does the foot switch control the reverb? It seems that it only controls the overdrive by looking at the circuit. Is there a manual and schematic for this unit? All I can find is for the earlier version “Pacer 100” with the steel knobs.
The reverb only works when I unplug and replug the molex input connector to the tank (send) on the circuit board while the amp is powered up. But when I turn the amp off and reinstall the chassis in the cabinet and turn it back on the reverb is gone again. The point being that the reverb works and sounds great only if I unplug and replug that connector. So I known the tank is good and the send and returns are good as far as passing signal. It’s the whole on/off or engage/disengage that has me stymied. I have several other foot switches including one from my Bandit 65 and it seems they only control the overdrive channel. I contacted peavey support also but its a holiday week and thought I would try here as well.

Cagey

Re: Pacer 100 SS Series Reverb?

Post by Cagey » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:22 pm

I just finished overhauling this same model.

The reverb tank is not switched on and off. Its always on and "mixed" into the final stage before amplifier- according to the schematic.

As far as I know, the footswitch for this model only switches between normal and overdrive.

Your issue sounds like a bad connection. Could be bad solder connection on PCB. Could be bad connection on connector since you said: "sounds great only if I unplug and replug that connector." Try using a wet contact cleaner and clean all connections on PCB and reverb tank RCA's.

You can manually switch the overdrive on and off without a footswitch if you have the chasis out of the cabinet simply move tip of footswitch connector enough to break contact.

Oh, and disclaimer, don't go into any unit powered up. Refer to professional service tech. Curious to hear what you found to correct this?

The model with overdrive is a B series and schematic is available at this link:

https://www.audioservicemanuals.com/p/p ... schematics

Peavey has a manual available for Pacer without overdrive:

https://peavey.com/manuals/pacer100.pdf