Adding LEDs to your Peavey classic VT 212 Footswitch.

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Beach

Adding LEDs to your Peavey classic VT 212 Footswitch.

Post by Beach » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:59 pm

Dear forum.

Got myself a 1978 classic VT 212 (actually two !). The first one lacked the footswitch so I bought a 4 knob footswitch that could do the job and rewired it to the Peavey classic needs.... The 2nd did have the footswitch, but being spoiled with the luxury of having LED's in the first one I designed a schematic and implemented it in the originel -LEDless- footswitch. I thought it would be nice to share my findings with the board.
Peavey_footswitch.pdf
(320.76 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
Now this setup requires a voltage to feed the LEDs. I added a resistor and capacitor (680E + 100nF) internally to the one empty pin of the footswitch socket. (you'll have to open the amp). But you could also wire it to an external power supply, in which case you'd add an input voltage socket in the footswitch. My footswitch had a spare wire in the cable (black) I could use for the internal setup.

I tried to drill the holes for the LEDs as in other Peavey footswitches and I am pretty satisfied with the outcome. The combiner/selector LEDs will only work when a jack is inserted in the automixer input. In that case you will know it is connected that way.

You may have to fiddle with the resistor values to accommodate your light output from various colours LED. In my case Red=10k, Blue=15k and Green = 8k2. Try 10k at first and start from there...
20211120_193213.jpg
20211120_193213.jpg (2.62 MiB) Viewed 974 times