Peavey Transformer Software MIDI Issues

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Jambubble

Peavey Transformer Software MIDI Issues

Post by Jambubble » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:49 am

I recently picked up a nice Peavey Transformer and was pleasantly surprised at how good the 20+ year old technology sounds. I downloaded the Transformer software v 2.0.2 (didn't even know it existed - thanks for keeping it available Peavey...) and got an admittedly cheap USB - MIDI cable to try it out. I can't get the software to 'Sync' with the amp, and I get a message saying that the MIDI in and out need to be configured. Here's what I've tried:
* 2 different (but identical) MIDI-to-USB cables.
* 3 different computers , 2 WIN 10, 1 WIN 8.
* Reversing the MIDI cables at the amp. I'm assuming that normally cable IN goes to amp OUT.
* Tried all variations of MIDI In/Out listed in the software's MIDI set up. Checked off the MIDI In and Out boxes.
* Variations of initialization: Amp on, then plug in USB, USB plugged in first, etc.
Is anyone currently successfully using the software into a PC? If so, what is your method? THANKS!

JamesPaul

Re: Peavey Transformer Software MIDI Issues

Post by JamesPaul » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:34 pm

Jambubble wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:49 am
I recently picked up a nice Peavey Transformer and was pleasantly surprised at how good the 20+ year old technology sounds. I downloaded the Transformer software v 2.0.2 (didn't even know it existed - thanks for keeping it available Peavey...) and got an admittedly cheap USB - MIDI cable to try it out. I can't get the software to 'Sync' with the amp, and I get a message saying that the MIDI in and out need to be configured. Here's what I've tried:
* 2 different (but identical) MIDI-to-USB cables.
* 3 different computers , 2 WIN 10, 1 WIN 8.
* Reversing the MIDI cables at the amp. I'm assuming that normally cable IN goes to amp OUT.
* Tried all variations of MIDI In/Out listed in the software's MIDI set up. Checked off the MIDI In and Out boxes.
* Variations of initialization: Amp on, then plug in USB, USB plugged in first, etc.
Is anyone currently successfully using the software into a PC? If so, what is your method? THANKS!
I do not own a Transformer. However if you have not already tried this, go to the link below, then follow the link to John Fera's site and check the information there.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2464#p310148
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.