Is the effect loop in peavey 6505 plus head buffered?

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Arne Lunde

Is the effect loop in peavey 6505 plus head buffered?

Post by Arne Lunde » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:36 pm

I can't seem to find out if the 6505 plus head has a buffered effect loop...
I use long cables in my live set up and I'm wondering if I should get a buffer for my effect loop as well as in front of my amp???

GreatDaneRock

Re: Is the effect loop in peavey 6505 plus head buffered?

Post by GreatDaneRock » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:54 am

Bottom line, how does it sound? Do you feel like you're losing a ton of high frequencies? That's the hallmark of non-buffered, long cable runs, the capacitance of the cable robs you of high frequency content. But at the same time when you put time base processors in the effect loops (reverbs, delays, chorus, flanger, etc), which all of them are digital nowadays, the digital high-end is bothersome to many, including me. Having a little high-end roll off it's not a bad thing. Again if at the end of it all it sounds good to you, then I wouldn't worry one bit.
"Life has got be lived, that’s all there is to it. – Eleanor Roosevelt"
"Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. – Dr. Seuss"

svt4cobra6

Re: Is the effect loop in peavey 6505 plus head buffered?

Post by svt4cobra6 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:23 pm

Not sure if its buffered but I ran a boss gt10 in the effects loop with 20ft cables (monster) and a pretty good overall tone, used for gigs at large indoor venues, good overall frequency response. I ran the GT10 with the 4 cable method so had all the time base stuff in the loop, with the wah placed before the pre-amp of the 6505+. The noise gates might also not be in the loop, if I remember correctly. Primarily just used the pre-amp from the 6505+ as the gt10 built in pre-amps did not sound as good.