Peavey Delta Blues Footswitch Question

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Ltsmash1200

Peavey Delta Blues Footswitch Question

Post by Ltsmash1200 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:12 am

I have an older made in USA Delta Blues 210 (the ones that only have one jack for a footswitch to control channel and tremolo) which I know normally used the 2 button TRS footswitch. However, I’m having a true bypass looper built and I want to integrate a channel switch into it. I never use the tremolo so I would like to leave that off completely.

My questions are: I believe the ring controls the channel, is that correct? If there’s nothing connected to the tip, will the tremolo always be off or will that make it always on? I assume I need a latching switch as opposed to a momentary, is that correct?

Enzo

Re: Peavey Delta Blues Footswitch Question

Post by Enzo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:13 pm

You have the amp? Unplug any footswitch, is the trem still working? As far as I know you do not need a FS to turn on the trem. SO trem is always on. Turn the depth to zero if you don't want trem.

Stomp switches are push on then push off.

Ltsmash1200

Post by Ltsmash1200 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:28 pm

I do have the amp, I’ve never had the footswitch for it. Normally it uses the cheap 2 button one. One switch controls the channel and one turns the trem off and on. I’m just trying to make sure the ring of the TRS is what controls the channel switching and that if the tip is wired to ground, it will always be off so I don’t have to use a 2 button switch and can just use a one button switch.

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:51 pm

Yes, channel is ring, trem is tip.