Delta Blues 115 loses distortion

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
FISH

Delta Blues 115 loses distortion

Post by FISH » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:30 pm

Howdy People's i have Delta blues 115 that after playing for a couple of hours will start to lose its distortion level.
It doesn't go completely clean but loses a good 70% after time.
I think it commonly known these amps get hot and after two hours it has worked up some heat and once cooled down and restarted the distortion is back in full swing.
I want to know if anyone on here has had this experience and is it due to heat or perhaps a tube but I figured if it was tubes it would be like that from the start.
If anyone has any information about this i would like to hear those opinions.

Cheers Wayne

JamesPaul

Re: Delta Blues 115 loses distortion

Post by JamesPaul » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:16 am

I don't have a DB, but I have a (similar circuit) Classic 30 and it can run warm. Although I have never had it lose distortion. If I'm playing my C30 outside on a hot day, I have been known to point a small desk fan to blow in the back. You might try the fan and see if yours still loses distortion. If it does not, it could be something heat related.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

Little960

Re: Delta Blues 115 loses distortion

Post by Little960 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:21 pm

I have a Delta Blues 15'' and I kinda have the same problem. It does it even when cold but not all the time. I still hear some of the distortion but with clean tones coming trough. I have no clue what causes it. Could it be the clean channel bleeding a bit trough the dirty channel. I don't even know if it's possible. If someone knows what causes it please let us know.