Help me to find "Blue Marvel 12INCH 16OHM Speaker"

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
telecasterboy

Help me to find "Blue Marvel 12INCH 16OHM Speaker"

Post by telecasterboy » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:43 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for a replacement "Blue Marvel 12INCH 16OHM Speaker" bu I have not find it any shopping website.

Can you help me to find this speaker? Or Can you recommend an any speaker which is equivalent with the bluemarvel.

65 SG

Re: Help me to find "Blue Marvel 12INCH 16OHM Speaker"

Post by 65 SG » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:45 am

There's a few of these used in 16 ohms on Ebay at the moment, did you try there? I'd have no issues buying used, and you'll get a already broken-in speaker. If you want a brand new one it may be difficult to find unless Peavey Parts has 'em.

I've read this is the Eminence Legend with Peavey branding so you could try searching for that speaker also.
'03 SG Special, '08 LP Special DC, '60s Dano/Silvertone, Epi Moderne, Epi EB-0, '60s Telestar semi-hollow,
Classic 20 w/6V6 mod, much modded VK112, Windsor Studio combo, Transtube Envoy II, '61 Reverberocket

Pappy B

Post by Pappy B » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:12 am

Also you can check Reverb.com for new and used.
The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:32 pm

It would be a WHOLE lot easier if you told us what numbers were on the speaker and what amp it is for. Blue Marvel is not a specific speaker, it is a Peavey name for speakers they did not make themselves.

I might suspect you are looking for a Classic 30 speaker, and if so, you'd find it a lot easier if you search for Classic 30 speaker rather than BLue Marvel.

And if not for CLassic 30, then the numbers will tell us what speaker it is.
The first place to try would be the parts department at Peavey.

Eminence did make a bunch of Blue Marvel speakers, but I would not assume it is just a off the shelf speaker with a new label.

telecasterboy

Post by telecasterboy » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:34 am

The amp is peavey classic 30, Speaker is Peavey 12" 16 ohm Guitar Amp Speaker 121208 Classic 30.

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:55 am

Whoever is building Blue Marvels builds them to Peavey specifications. So there probably will never be an exact OEM replacement. The Eminence Legends were "close" in specs, and Eminence built Blue Marvels at one point in the past, so they usually come up in discussions.

Peavey is still making the Classic 30, so once Peavey Parts is back to normal you should be able to order one from them.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

Pappy B

Post by Pappy B » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:46 pm

At one point they used Peavey number 70777144. I've seen that stock number on Eminence speakers listed on eBay and Reverb.com. There are a lot of choices, you need something 16 ohms and will handle at least 30 watts. Right now there is a Sheffield 1230 16 ohm and several Valveking speakers on Reverb.com.

If buying a used speaker that is in current production just make sure that price plus shipping is as much or more than a new one that includes shipping.
The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:45 pm

Yeah, Peavey used that number on the "Blue Marvel Classic 12 inch 16 ohm MI etc." That was in my Classic 30 BT and they're still using that number for the speaker in my Classic 30 II. As Enzo already noted, there are lots of Blue Marvels out there. My Bandits have one, my Vypyrs have one, my XXL cabs had one ....

What is the OP truly looking for here? An exact replacement for some speaker or just something in the ballpark? How fast is it needed?

I'm not trying to offend, just agreeing their are a lot of 12 inch, 16 ohm Blue Marvels and speakers in the ballpark out there. Mostly trying to help, as I think we all are.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.