Peavey deuce StaTiK.

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Deadheir

Peavey deuce StaTiK.

Post by Deadheir » Fri May 21, 2021 5:56 pm

Ey yall. New to the site. Long time peavey user. Just picked up a 80s deuce. Solid state. I have moderate electronics repair experience, but would appreciate any help in diagnosing/trouble shooting. Not sure the year, it has no ground on the power cord. (got a nice zap yesterday). Its loud, sounds like the power is all there. Theres a little static coming off the knobs, almost consistent static when playing but its maintaining volume. Need a cleanup? Ive heard wd40 q tips and air are good for an electronics clean up. All tips on where to start are appreciated.
Thanks
Josh

Deadheir

Peavey deuce StaTiK.

Post by Deadheir » Mon May 24, 2021 3:39 pm

Just bought a peavey duece 80s model? Has no ground on power cord. Solid state. Getting a lot of static in knobs, and through speakers. All the power is there and volume consistent. Windering where i should start in correcting the static sound. Ive heard wd40 and air is good fir cleaning the e electronics.. Any advice would be appreciated. I really like the amp and how basic ballsy it is.

Thanks
J

Enzo

Re: Peavey deuce StaTiK.

Post by Enzo » Mon May 24, 2021 11:30 pm

Please don't squirt WD40 all over. Get some DeOxit, the standard control cleaner of the industry. It is specifically made for that job. It is not so good at loosening stuck door hinges.

Deadheir

Post by Deadheir » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:58 pm

Thank you Enzo . Am I on the right track with a clean and new fuse?

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:58 pm

If the controls need cleaning, clean them. No point guessing if that is your issue.

Fuse? What fuse?