parts department

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Ferrell

parts department

Post by Ferrell » Tue May 04, 2021 9:01 am

does anyone know when parts department will be back to work....

Enzo

Re: parts department

Post by Enzo » Tue May 04, 2021 9:51 am

No idea.

Over the 30+ years Iran a Peavey authorized repair shop, I always found Peavey support was far and away the best in the industry, and my shop was authorized by all the major brands, I worked with them all. They were always responsive and helpful, not only to people like me, but also to the consumer, their ultimate customers.

Recently, however, things like COVID and just industry changes in general seem to have taken a toll.

Classic30inCincy

Post by Classic30inCincy » Tue May 04, 2021 8:07 pm

Send message requesting assistance Website Administrator.....Kevin Boudloche

PAF Classic Series Tube Kit.......Created By Classic30inCincy
Majic Mojo Tradename..........Created By Classic30inCincy
Graduate Of Joe Friday / Dragnet School Of Correspondence
Doctorate Degree Diplomacy From Royal Order Possum Lodge

Kevin Boudloche
Web Team

Post by Kevin Boudloche » Wed May 05, 2021 1:57 pm

It would be preferrable to email parts or customerservice, anything for them that reaches my inbox just gets forwarded.

https://peavey.com/c/Contact-Us
Web Developer | Peavey Marketing
[email protected]

Ferrell

Post by Ferrell » Thu May 20, 2021 7:28 pm

they do not reply back i look in my spam folder as well

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Thu May 20, 2021 9:57 pm

In Mississippi it looks like most of the COVID restrictions were lifted on April 30, 2021. Peavey may still be trying to fill older orders and replenish parts. I have always called them when I needed parts. If you can call, try calling the first Monday in June.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

Ferrell

Post by Ferrell » Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:36 pm

im still trying to get in touch with peavey parts no call back or replies email wondering whats up with that department i need output transformer 30500045 for a triple x,it would be very appreciated if some one could help me ....i can get one from france but not usa dont make since to me

Exodus5

Post by Exodus5 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:42 am

I just bought a 5150 that lost its preamp tube cover and screws. Called and left voicemail , no answer. Emailed the customer service and their reply was that they no longer had parts for the 5150/6505. I specifically replied mentioning that the cover and screws appear to still be the same on the 6505 which they STILL SELL so we will see what they say.

Roger Crimm

Post by Roger Crimm » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:53 pm

Enzo wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:51 am
Recently, however, things like COVID and just industry changes in general seem to have taken a toll.
As usual, Enzo pretty much nailed it...
I don't have to tell anyone what a challenge the past year and a half has been, and we are no exception. And yes, industry changes have been happening even before Covid, and companies like Peavey have had to adjust their business models in order to survive.

One tough adjustment is downsizing of personnel. The parts person you are having a hard time reaching is now me... I also handle logistics, tech support, sales, social media, and three or four hats I won't go into here. In other words, we don't currently have a full time parts sales person.

Peavey is in a rather unusual position of having 56 years of legacy product out there. You would need a warehouse the size of Mississippi to house every part for every product we ever manufactured! Ok maybe an exaggeration but the point is you eventually have to decide what you can and can no longer support. It isn't possible and certainly not cost effective to continue to stock parts for product that has been out of production for decades. Also, our manufacturing has mostly shifted overseas, so certain cosmetic and other parts with low sales numbers are not stocked here any longer, even if we do still sell the product.

Of course we still work very hard to support our products and I am not saying that we have no parts or support for older product. But when those parts run out they will not be restocked. In many cases they aren't even made any more, and if they are the MOQs are usually ridiculous.

There is also a financial aspect to consider. Yes, it sucks to lose a knob or a little cover plate or a screw, but Peavey loses money on orders like that before they even get out the door. In days past we could absorb the loss but that isn't the case anymore... Our minimum order is now $10, but even at that we lose money.

Bottom line, keep calling till you get me. Afternoons are usually better, and keep in mind our business hours are 8 to 5 Central time. I am usually at lunch from 12 to 1 so keep that in mind. I hate to say this, but if you leave me a message about an obsolete/nickel or dime part you probably won't get a call back. I am going to post a stickie soon with links to some suppliers that stock our parts, so please reach out to them if you are having a hard time reaching us.

Thank you for your understanding and patience during these extraordinary times.
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

K-B

Post by K-B » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:09 am

Knew this was the case when I tried to contact you and got no reply. Roger has always been Johnny on the spot and just a class act for Peavey. Sad to hear about the parts but Peavey is not alone in this debacle. Everyone else is having problems with supply of certain medals and parts in general and shipping cost are going out of the roof. There are some suppliers that stock Peavey parts and if you type in the part you are looking for in a browser search engine it's possible you will find it. Don't be shocked by the price though as they wanted $45 for a simple switch Peavey sells for $3. Hang in there Roger I know you have your hands full and some with this.