NAD: Studio Pro 112

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Neuroma

NAD: Studio Pro 112

Post by Neuroma » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:04 am

Just picked this up, bought untested. The seller assured me that all was working. However scratchy pots, and vey thin lead channel.

So I removed the chassis, and cleaned the pots, I was surprised to see that all but one appear to be sealed, undeterred, I got contact cleaner in through the shaft, cleaned all the sockets too.

Back together, and it's a big improvement, I still don't like the lead channel thin, hard and unpleasant to my ears, could it be bust, or is that how they are?

Any tips on settings would be welcome, and any preventative maintenance too.

Also, could you tell me what speaker this is.Image

Pappy B

Re: NAD: Studio Pro 112

Post by Pappy B » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:22 pm

Hard to say about the tone. I'm not crazy about the amps with the supersat and the Body & Edge setup. May have to play it awhile and see if you can get something you like. Have you looked at the manual for it?

The speaker has a white label on it that should give you some numbers you can research. (If it's readable). It appears to be an Eminence made speaker.
The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.

Neuroma

Post by Neuroma » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:37 am

Pappy B wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:22 pm
Hard to say about the tone. I'm not crazy about the amps with the supersat and the Body & Edge setup. May have to play it awhile and see if you can get something you like. Have you looked at the manual for it?

The speaker has a white label on it that should give you some numbers you can research. (If it's readable). It appears to be an Eminence made speaker.
Thanks, yes read the manual, but that's not really helped. The speaker code was barely readable, but it's a Blue Marvel. There's a Teal 110 Studio Pro locally, and that has the body control on the Lead channel, so I may try that and see if I prefer it. Having said that, it's a good clean tone, and I have pedals, so can just use it like that.

Pappy B

Post by Pappy B » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:31 pm

If you like to use pedals this may be a good amp. As I had said I'm not crazy about this type of lead channel, I would still own one if it came to me at the right price. I've never had a Peavey amp that I just flat didn't like.

Got to say that having a 110 and a 112 studio Pro could make for some fun comparison playing.
The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:49 pm

What numbers are on the speaker? Blue Marvel is just a Peavey word for speakers they didn't manufacture. EMinence made many speakers for Peavey.