Peavey Standard with a EDI box

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
dadroadie

Peavey Standard with a EDI box

Post by dadroadie » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:09 pm

Hi to all,
Does anyone know if I can run an older Peavey Standard Guitar head (from the speaker output) and plug that into an older Peavey EDI box connecting this to the PA mixer without having the speaker cabinet hooked up? I have a gig coming up that room is at a premium. I have used the EDI plugged between the amp head and speaker with good results. Just wondering if I can take the speaker cabinet out without hurting the amp.
Thanks in Advance!
dad roadie

Dano0369

Re: Peavey Standard with a EDI box

Post by Dano0369 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:32 pm

Hell-o; i would recommend the sdi as the output is powered. you can do that since the standard is a transistor head. Good Luck :arrow:
Dano0369

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:33 pm

The solid state amp does not need a load.

But if you have an older Standard, doesn't it have the Booster output jack? That is already a tap off the speaker feed.

If you have a MArk III Standard, there is a preamp out jack for same.

dadroadie

Post by dadroadie » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:31 am

Thanks for the replies! Enzo ,
The amp does have the output you mentioned. The reason I wanted to use the EDI box was that it has the speaker simulation . What I was hoping to do was run a cable from the speaker output of the Standard to the EDI box. Then run a low impedance cable to the PA adjusting the "Timbre " control for the best sound. Enzo, Would this setup work without frying the amp head,EDI box, or the PA?
Thanks Again to all!
Dadroadie

Dano0369

Post by Dano0369 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:40 am

Hello Sir; The EDI is an older version of the SDI. it should work the way your wanting . :arrow:
Dano0369