Can somebody please walk me through the Triumph 60 Mods

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
westone99

Can somebody please walk me through the Triumph 60 Mods

Post by westone99 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:45 am

Hello fellow humans!

I just recently picked up a Triumph 60 and have been reading so much about how big of a difference the mods make to this amp and I would really like to try them out. There’s only one problem, I’m not sure how to “jumper” the diodes. Also read about another mod which involves removing a jumper and a resistor. If anyone knows how to or has done these mods would you be so kind as to guide me through the process? I am handy with a soldering iron, know to be cautious with tube amps, and have a multimeter. Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers!

Enzo

Re: Can somebody please walk me through the Triumph 60 Mods

Post by Enzo » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:13 pm

There are zillions of "mods" out there, they are not official things. SO you really ought to link us to or post the work you intend to be done.

In general, a jumper means a wire. If they jumper R22 to R33, that means run a wire from one to the other. And that assumes they specified which end of each. TO ME, jumper a diode means solder a wire across it, and across means in parallel or from one end to the other. If you just tack a piece of wire across a diode, then you can clip it off in the future without tearing things apart. A more official way would be to remove a diode and replace it with a wire.

And if you go doing that, be damned sure you knew which diodes to do it to.

Dano0369

Re: Can somebody please walk me through the Triumph 60 Mods

Post by Dano0369 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:46 pm

Hell-o ; i don't know what tone your after. If my foggy ole memory serves me the triumph is a pretty vicious amp. i understand the invective has a very similar transformer . if the triumph isn't enough find you an old original butcher 120. Good Luck :arrow:
Dano0369