Just scored a used Transformer 212

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Rob22315

Just scored a used Transformer 212

Post by Rob22315 » Mon May 18, 2020 4:23 pm

I've been a fan of the 112 for a couple of years - I have three of them. Two of 112s are in my loft and are ganged together to form a fun stereo pair based on instructions from one of the designers I got through this forum. The other 112 I used for comping with a buddy from church who plays clarinet. I decided the 112 needed some oomph and started looking for and found a 212. I've seen a bunch of 112s and 212s come up for sale recently. Some include the footswitch, some don't.

I got the 212 in yesterday and subbed in the V2.0 EPROM from the third 112 so it would have the extra features and tweaks. While tinkering this AM, I realized a bunch of the encoders were loose but remembered the loose encoders could easily be repaired by bending the casing tabs back to resecure the shell of the encoder to the base. All but one is restored to normal - except the one with the bent plastic shaft. The unit runs great, now all I need to do is fix the small hole in the tolex and hook up my spare footswitch.

The extra zotz in the bottom end from having double the speaker area, larger cab, and double the wattage was definitely worth it!
Peavey Transformer 112 (2) and 212.
Peavey Generation EXP

Classic30inCincy

Re: Just scored a used Transformer 212

Post by Classic30inCincy » Tue May 19, 2020 11:48 am

2xBetter.... :!: 8) :!: :wink: :!:

PAF Classic Series Tube Kit.......Created By Classic30inCincy
Majic Mojo Tradename..........Created By Classic30inCincy
Graduate Of Joe Friday / Dragnet School Of Correspondence
Doctorate Degree Diplomacy From Royal Order Possum Lodge

TheOnlyOne

Post by TheOnlyOne » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:19 pm

I just scored a Transformer 112. Not much talk about them even on here! I got it cheap because the footswitch was inop. I had planned to fix it and pass it on to one of my kids or just sell it. Turns out...wait for it...it's a great sounding amp! I like that it's basically a Bandit with memory. I'm keeping this one!

The amp itself is in like new condition. I had to resolder a few wires in the footswitch cable and now it works great.

One thing that's a little weird is the tuner doesn't always hear the high E string. It usually works with my Strat but not with my other guitar which has P-90s and is actually much louder. The tuner will hear all the strings except the high E.

Rob22315

Post by Rob22315 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:17 pm

Congrats!!! I love the T-112s. There are a bunch of old threads from a couple of years ago when I scored a couple of T-112s. They do sound great and there are a bunch of cool features buried in the controls if you do some digging in the manual. There’s also an upgraded memory chip that adds a few new features if you can find one. I think Peavey ran out of those chips new from the factory. You can also connect two T-112s together to get some cool stereo tones on the effects.

I exchanged posts with one of the design engineers and he gave me the inside scoop on these amp.
Peavey Generation EXP

Rob22315

Post by Rob22315 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:21 pm

TheOnlyOne wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:19 pm
I just scored a Transformer 112. Not much talk about them even on here! I got it cheap because the footswitch was inop. I had planned to fix it and pass it on to one of my kids or just sell it. Turns out...wait for it...it's a great sounding amp! I like that it's basically a Bandit with memory. I'm keeping this one!

The amp itself is in like new condition. I had to resolder a few wires in the footswitch cable and now it works great.

One thing that's a little weird is the tuner doesn't always hear the high E string. It usually works with my Strat but not with my other guitar which has P-90s and is actually much louder. The tuner will hear all the strings except the high E.
http://virtuososo.com/Tform/Tform.html#models

This page was made by that same engineer and Hs some good info on it.
Peavey Generation EXP