Vypyr VIP 2 Factory Reset Not Working

A forum for discussing the Vypyr series amplifiers, Sanpera footswitches and share settings
JayDog

Vypyr VIP 2 Factory Reset Not Working

Post by JayDog » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:07 am

Hi. I recently bought a 2nd hand Vypyr VIP 2. It was working fine until I downloaded and installed the Updater and Firmware from here https://peavey.com/support/software/

Now, whenever I switch the amp on, I don't get any light show or any sound and my computer doesn't recognise it when connected via usb. It's as good as dead, though I know it's still receiving power because I can hear the speaker 'pop' when powered on (as was the case when it was working), still no sound though.

I tried to apply the factory rest (holding down buttons A and B when powering on) but that makes no difference.

Has anyone had this problem before and if so, how did you overcome it? Any help at all would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Jay

Denzil Moats

Re: Vypyr VIP 2 Factory Reset Not Working

Post by Denzil Moats » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:53 pm

I am going through the EXACT same scenario and can't find any help or solution. I am not ok with following the procedure to update the firmware and now my Amp no longer works and basically just **** me. NO...I cannot just go buy a new amp...the amp worked fine before the update, it said to power down for 5 seconds then turn the amp back on after the update...I did this, you get the "Po" of power when you power on, but now there's no lights and no sound. And, I cannot find help anywhere. One place says, hold a and b and power on, another site says to hold a and d and power on....neither option changes the situation. It's very frustrating... just want my Amp back...

WrldEatr9

Post by WrldEatr9 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:16 pm

What if you installed the previous version?

carlis

Post by carlis » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:14 am

By mistake, I installed Vypyr Firmware 1.59 on my Vypyr VIP 2 amp... after that it "deactivated" completely. How do I revert to the original firmware?

carlis

Post by carlis » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:04 am

I got this message from support:

Carlos, If you loaded V 1.59 from the Vypyr first Generation into your VIP 2 then you honestly bricked the unit. In other words, you used firmware that was designed for the 1st generation of Vypyrs . There is no reloading the old firmware on it because the processor is locked up. The only way we could repair this is to replace the processor board and we only have a few in stock. The cost of this board alone is $153.35 plus shipping. If we replace it here at our service center it will be the cost of the board, plus labor and shipping. Let us know if you want us to repair it. Thanx.

Peavey Customer Service

As I'm in Portugal and I bought it for 40 euros, I can only throw it away...

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:31 pm

carlis wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:04 am
I got this message from support:

Carlos, If you loaded V 1.59 from the Vypyr first Generation into your VIP 2 then you honestly bricked the unit. In other words, you used firmware that was designed for the 1st generation of Vypyrs . There is no reloading the old firmware on it because the processor is locked up. The only way we could repair this is to replace the processor board and we only have a few in stock. The cost of this board alone is $153.35 plus shipping. If we replace it here at our service center it will be the cost of the board, plus labor and shipping. Let us know if you want us to repair it. Thanx.

Peavey Customer Service

As I'm in Portugal and I bought it for 40 euros, I can only throw it away...
See if you can sell it to someone local to you, so they can use the other parts. Or the inverse, if you can buy one locally which has a working processor board.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.