Invective or 6595?

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Dizzzzerek

Invective or 6595?

Post by Dizzzzerek » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:44 pm

I'm looking for a new pro amp for metal and rock tunes I've narrowed the search down to 2..... The Invective or the 6505. What would your choice be and why?

Nicksummers1

Re: Invective or 6595?

Post by Nicksummers1 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:49 am

I think you'll be wanting the invective. Couple reasons: versatile! If you are doing rock and metal, the invective has amazing tones for that. Plus cleans you won't get with the 6505. 2nd reason: complete control over your effects and channels with the included footswitch. The invective has two f/x loops and the midi footswitch can be programmed, giving you so many options.

An example of that would be how I have mine set. I have my clean setting with zero effects, then I programmed another clean setting with a little,chorus and reverb. My lead channel has a touch of delay and a little extra boost. And different levels of gain as well. I actually use all of the available switches. Each one has a different combination of effects and or gain and boost (boost for a bump in volume when in solo mode). There's no tap dancing with all the foot pedals to achieve this. Just one pedal on the floor and you're set. It's really simple to set all this up too. Not complicated at all.

I've been using this for live gigs almost a year now and can't imagine being without it. This is truly the best amp I've ever played through. In my opinion. The different options you have with the footswitch just make the already killer tones, even sweeter.

Go invective! That's my story. Good luck...
invective 120 & cabs, 2 VTM 120s, Tubefex, TG Raxx, Rockmaster preamp, 2 VYPYR 30H, VIP 2, Nano Vypyr, Vypyr 120H, VSS, 6505 Piranha & cab, TMP Tube pre, 45+ Peavey guitars (most USA), tons of Peavey PA gear. 3 HP2s

jdgebha

Post by jdgebha » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:42 pm

Does the Invective tonally compare more to a XXX 2 or a classic? Curious.

Keolah

Post by Keolah » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:26 pm

I also would highly recommend the Invective. It replaced everything my 6505 did. In fact every other one of my amps is a let down to play now.

And to my ear the crunch and lead channels seem engineered for maximum mid presence in a mix when compared to my 6505.

And all I need for a gig is my Eventide H9 in the loop...all controlled from the Invective floor board. No wires running everywhere.

I'd say go Invective. It's an amp that's so far ahead of most it could be another 5 years before the mass guitar community really gets how truly amazing it is.

Sandpiper

Post by Sandpiper » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:24 pm

Hey,

how did you set up the Invective Foot Controller to work with the H9? Or how in general?

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:54 am

Another vote for Invective. It was developed off of the 6505, but has all the extra features already noted.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.