Peavey Invective Reviews

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Hardcore Studios

Peavey Invective Reviews

Post by Hardcore Studios » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:46 pm

Hello guys!

I’m new here and pumped to buy a new amp head. I’m considering buying the Peavey Invective and have some questions for those of you that own the Peavey Invective:

1.) How long have you owned the Peavey Invective?

2.) Have you had any problem with the amp?

3.) Favorite feature?

4.) Do you recommend it?

5.) What do you rate it out of 10?

Will mainly use it for metal & some cleans.
Appreciate all the feedback!

Rock on!

Keolah

Re: Peavey Invective Reviews

Post by Keolah » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:41 pm

Newish to the forum and way late here, but...

1) Almost 2 years

2) No problem whatsoever

3) Can't choose one...(Onboard boosts, Noise Gate, Smooth knob tapers when compared to 5150/6505, MSDI, Master Boost, Rear mounted 9Vs, Dual effects Loops, Output Transformer is a downright BEAST!)

4) Yes. Sounds amazing and excellent build quality. Unparalleled versatility.

5) 9.5 as the implementation of the Master boost does take some time to come to terms with. But once I did... I love that feature too!

Hardcore Studios

Re: Peavey Invective Reviews

Post by Hardcore Studios » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:37 pm

Ya you’re very late lol! I took a chance on it and it paid off big time. Actually I was fortunate and was able to talk to the guy who built the 5150’s & 6505’s and this invective 120 and he guaranteed that I’d be able to still dial in the 5150 & 6505 and go from cleans to metal.
He was so right b/c this amp has just blown me away how good it sounds from cleans to metal and everything in between. I can dial in pretty much any tone I’d ever need.

There weren’t a lot of positive reviews or video shootouts 2 years ago when I bought it but people seem to be buying more of these as of the past year.
Actually I think that’s why Sweetwater sold it to me for so cheap b/c they weren’t selling many of them. I got it brand new shipped for under 1400 including tax. It was a steal of a deal.
Don’t know if you use it with a loadbox too but I use mine with the TwoNotes Torpedo Studio and it sounds freakin amazing!

Thanks for the cool reply man! I totally forgot that I had posted this. Rock on! 🤘