Peavey Mace 320T Footswitch Wiring

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Landers

Peavey Mace 320T Footswitch Wiring

Post by Landers » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:37 am

This is my first post to the Peavey forums and the reason I made an account. I recently purchased a Peavey Mace 320T, it did not come with a footswitch. After searching online for quite some time, I ran across a few posts in other forums leading me to test on my own, which Din Pin controls the original switches (from the Mace owners manual), which includes "Selector Button", "Combiner Button", "Reverb" and "Tremolo Button". This is what I found to work. Again I'm posting this to help other Mace 320T owners out on building their own footswitch. Please comment if this has helped you out or if you've found fault in this wiring schematic. I believe it to be correct ....and hopefully easily understandable.

Peavey Mace 320T Foot switch Wiring

Without the footswitch Normal input is for the (Normal) clean channel, Effects input is
for the (Effects) distorted and tremolo channel. When plugged into the Series and
Parallel inputs, both Normal and Effects channels are in use.

To be able to use the footswitch, you must be plugged into either the Series or Parallel
input. What the footswitch does to operate between channels and tremolo is ground out
the pin for that circuit, which actually turns off what is already on. Without the
footswitch both Normal and effects circuits are always on including reverb and tremolo
(everything). For example Tremolo is Pin #1 on the Din plug, when Pin #1 is grounded out
via the footswitch, the Tremolo is turned off. The same happens with the reverb on Pin
#4, when Pin #4 is ground via footswitch, the reverb is switched off. The combine switch
on the foot pedal (when switched) grounds out the Selector switch on the foot pedal giving
you the ability to switch from the Normal channel to the Effects channel and vice versa
using the Selector switch. Only when the Combine switch is "switched" that it is
grounded can you then use the Selector switch on the foot pedal to change between the
Normal and Effects channels on the amp.

Pin #1 = Tremolo
Pin #2 = Normal Gain (clean)
Pin #3 = Not Used
Pin #4 = Reverb
Pin #5 = Effects Gain (Distorted)
Pin #6 = Not used or could be ground in some amps
Din plug outer Case (Shell) = Ground

If you are coming from the footswitch soldering directly to a male din plug the pins
will start with 1 and go in a clockwise order. If you are soldering to a female din plug
the pins will start with 1 and go in a counter clockwise order. When soldering pin #2
and pin #5 to the switch, it doesn't matter which is which, as long as when switched,
either #2 or #5 connect to the ground coming from the Combine Switch.

I'll attach pictures below of the Din Pins Male and Female along with the wiring diagram. If you've found this page by searching online and can't see the pictures, you may have to create an account to be able to view them.
Attachments
6 Pin Din correct mine.jpg
6 Pin Din correct mine.jpg (52.12 KiB) Viewed 2613 times
6 pin male din plug mine 2.jpg
6 pin male din plug mine 2.jpg (61.36 KiB) Viewed 2613 times
6 pin female din plug mine.jpg
6 pin female din plug mine.jpg (34.79 KiB) Viewed 2613 times
Peavey Mace 320T Footswitch Wiring Mine 2.jpg
Peavey Mace 320T Footswitch Wiring Mine 2.jpg (82.26 KiB) Viewed 2613 times

SterlingNOVA

Re: Peavey Mace 320T Footswitch Wiring

Post by SterlingNOVA » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:32 pm

Just a quick thank you. Know this post is over a year old, but thanks anyway.
Been contacting Peavey multiple times to simply verify that they used the standard
6 pin DIN pinout scheme wiring these switches. Now I can get my Mace VT head squared away.

Dynochrome

Re: Peavey Mace 320T Footswitch Wiring

Post by Dynochrome » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:03 pm

I Spoke with Peavey Yesterday. I was given a diagram for Automix 7847 footswitch for Mace 1975,DeuceB, Mace and Deuce VT

Pretty much shows what you have except shows pin six being the combiner on/off

1.Phase
2.Select ch 1
3 Not connected
4. Reverb
5 Select ch 2
6 Combine