peavey renown solo series

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
renownsolo

peavey renown solo series

Post by renownsolo » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:45 pm

I have only ever played peavey amps my entire life. I've owned this peavey renown solo series which says 450 watts and 160 rms. I'm a metal player. I've also owned a Peavey jsx and a classic 30. I'm buying a 6505 in the new year for stage. I see now peavey equips their cabs with v 30s. A lot has changed. I was away from music since our band broke up in 2011. I bought a classic 30 for fun and enjoyed it. I often posted on the classic 30 posts. It was a USA built one. I'll buy a classic 50 when I see one on sale cause that's the one I want for my blues. I seen one a while ago for 300 Canadian. I'm in canada. But I just got my renown for now and a triple wreck. Does anyone have any advice on the renown solo series they would like to share? I'm curious about this amp it's built like a tank. It never let me down over the hundreds of gigs I played with it. Please share your pictures. Also can someone let me know how I can post an image of my amp on the post?
Sincerely,
renownsolo

wellstonok

Peavey renown solo series, One owner

Post by wellstonok » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:15 pm

I bought my Peavey renown solo new in the mid 80's. This is a well built amp, the cab is built to take on the road, it is heavy though. This amp is loud, I replaced stock scorpion speakers (I have blown two sets) with inexpensive Celestion 70/80 speakers. Sounds good enough for me.

After over 35 years of use the only issues are blown speakers, two shorted power transistors and a couple of resisters. Not bad, because I play the amp loud at times. In fact I built a dual stack with 8 speakers plugged it into the 4 ohm jack, the setup sounds louder than a dual stack Marshall.

All in all I am very pleased with the Renown and plan to keep using it even though I have Vox, Fender, Line 6 , Gibson, Berhenger and kustom amps.

This is a USA built Amp that is hard to beat for tone and reliability.