Transformer 2x12 pfc4 pedal not working

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
kennylee

Transformer 2x12 pfc4 pedal not working

Post by kennylee » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:55 pm

My pfc control quit working so I called peavey and ordered a new one. Plugged it in and still nothing. The midi chord is not that old so I have no idea what could be causing the problem. Has anyone else had this issue or know what to do. Thanks in advance.

MidiMan

Re: Transformer 2x12 pfc4 pedal not working

Post by MidiMan » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:55 am

The problem can either be the footswitch itself, the cable, or the amp. In your case, it seems like it could be the amp - more specifically the 8-pin jack. The contacts could be dirty or corroded. Or the solder joints on the PCB failing.

Does anything work? Even if you see no LEDs light up, do the footswitches make changes on the amp? The 8-pin cable provides power, and data in both direction. If the power isn't getting over, then nothing will happen. I have seen cases where data in just one direction stops working. E.g. LEDs work and change when presets are changed on the amp's panel, or footswitches work, but LEDs do not. Usual solution is a little electrical contact cleaner (like Caig Deoxit) sprayed into the 8-pin jack, and immediately plugging the cable in several times to clean male and female contacts.

HTH
John Fera
Peavey Digital Engineering