Revolution Head footswitch

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
InlayUSA

Revolution Head footswitch

Post by InlayUSA » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:20 pm

:cry: Is there any way to activate the reverb/digital delay controls on a Peavey Revolution head without the foot switch? I want to use the digital delay. I can't believe Peavey didn't use a push/pull rotary switch so this feature could be activated without the foot switch. I guess they wanted to make sure you had to buy the foot switch for this amp to use the reverb feature. This is an old amp and I can't find the correct foot switch for this amp anywhere. Peavey doesn't stock it and a web search has revealed nothing. I also have a Peavey JSX, does any one know if that foot switch (has the same DIN connector) could be used to safely activate the reverb feature. Does any one have the correct foot switch for this amp that they want to sell? Thanks!

PRS Custom22 Ten Top with Les Paul configured electronics
PRS Custom22
PRS SE Santana (1st year production)
PRS SE Custom22
PRS SE Soapbar
Guild Polaris S-100 (1972)
Gibson ES-175
Ibanez RG (Rare nylon String)
Peavey Falcon (USA)
Taylor 510ce (1998)
Matrix 12 string (super rare USA built prototype Ovation/Kamon 1979)
Martin D-35
Goodwin Telecaster (custom built)
Goodwin Stratacaster (custom built)
Peavey JSX head
Peavey Revolution Head
Peavey Rage amp
Epiphone Value Junior amp
Peavey 4x12 bottom cabinet
Marshall 4x12 1960A top cabinet
Vox Satchrator
Vox Big Bad Wha
Digitech RP-1 (x2)
Digitech RP-14 (x2)
Boss V-Wha (x2)

Revolution

Re: Revolution Head footswitch

Post by Revolution » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:31 pm

Keep your eyes peeled it took a year to find mine and it came from Finland looked like it went through a hurricane and a tornado at the same time but plugged it in and everything works as intended every now and then I see one for sale happy hunting

studiodtk5

Re: Revolution Head footswitch

Post by studiodtk5 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:14 am

It appears that the Revolution has two different foot switches. One is the standard Peavey channel select type and the other is the digital effects selector. That one allows you to change the effects in the digital effects.
I assume you are looking for the channels select footswitch, is that correct?
Revolution can you post a photo of your footswitch?
InlayUSA I suggest you request the footswitch schematic from Peavey customer service. I think you will find that the footswitch is a common foot switch, possibly the Stereo Chorus footswitch.
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...