Truesonic Speakers

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
ade247

Truesonic Speakers

Post by ade247 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:49 am

Okay, so I've posted this before but I had no feedback so here goes again....sigh!

Does ANYBODY at all have any info or actually own one of the new Peavey 4x12 Cabs with Truesonic Speakers in them? I believe they were made to marry up with the Peavey 6534+ head.

I live in the UK and there are NONE of these over here anyway. Google is not much help either and that's really saying something.

I'm beginning to think that these things are as real as Unicorns. Do they exist, is there life after death, is there life on other planets, has anyone seen a Peavey Truesonic CAB, etc..

Cheers

pvampmgr

Re: Truesonic Speakers

Post by pvampmgr » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:16 am

ade247 wrote:Okay, so I've posted this before but I had no feedback so here goes again....sigh!

Does ANYBODY at all have any info or actually own one of the new Peavey 4x12 Cabs with Truesonic Speakers in them? I believe they were made to marry up with the Peavey 6534+ head.

I live in the UK and there are NONE of these over here anyway. Google is not much help either and that's really saying something.

I'm beginning to think that these things are as real as Unicorns. Do they exist, is there life after death, is there life on other planets, has anyone seen a Peavey Truesonic CAB, etc..

Cheers

Hi there, The 430A and B cabs are real, I promise. They are very new and it always takes a while for them to swim over to the UK. They are really amazing cabinets, I may be a bit biased since I was in charge of the voicing, but I think they are the best sounding 412's Peavey has ever made. Here's a really cool YouTube video of the cabinet compared to some others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqmRlawOYGA
Michael Smith
Product Manager
Peavey Electronics

ade247

Post by ade247 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:52 am

Thanx for the reply and link. Can you give me some info on how the 430A and 430B differ. I'm not particularly tecchie but I want to learn. I often see A and B models for CABs and this can be somewhat confusing.

Can you enlighten me?
Thanx :)

Classic30inCincy

Post by Classic30inCincy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:10 am

A = Angled Front (Slant Front)

B = Base (Straight Front)

PAF Classic Series Tube Kit.......Created By Classic30inCincy
Majic Mojo Tradename..........Created By Classic30inCincy
Graduate Of Joe Friday / Dragnet School Of Correspondence
Doctorate Degree Diplomacy From Royal Order Possum Lodge

ade247

Post by ade247 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:51 am

Jeez that's sooo simple now you've explained it - thanks.

How does the diff effect the sound?

Classic30inCincy

Post by Classic30inCincy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:08 am

Tone not the idea......Angle allows upward flow.

Gimmick :?: :idea: :!:

PAF Classic Series Tube Kit.......Created By Classic30inCincy
Majic Mojo Tradename..........Created By Classic30inCincy
Graduate Of Joe Friday / Dragnet School Of Correspondence
Doctorate Degree Diplomacy From Royal Order Possum Lodge

Stormleader

Post by Stormleader » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:35 pm

There IS a tone difference. Most straight cabs will have more bottom end then their respective angled cab siblings, due to an increase in airspace inside the straight cab as compared to the angled.
2nd Amendment supporting Christian Conservative Forever.
"Brought to you Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue."

Roger Crimm

Post by Roger Crimm » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:09 pm

Speakers also couple acoustically when they are aligned on the same plane, so a straight baffle adds some additional low end compared to the angled baffle.

The slant really came about for no reason other than cosmetics. As I recall, Pete Townshend took credit for that. He had Marshall originally build him some 8x12 cabs, and they angled the top part just to give them some shape.

He claimed his roadies threatened to quit, so they cut them in half to make them easier to manage. Thus, the classic "stack" we all know was born.

At least, that is Pete's story....
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

ade247

Post by ade247 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:28 am

Thanks guys, that's all good info there.

Methinks it's the straight CAB then coz the slightly increased low end does it for me.
The You Tube Vid shows the new Truesonic speakers off quite well. I've tried my 6534+ thru the Marshall Lead 1960B and I don't like it. The vid kinda puts the rubber stamp on this as it sounds the worst of all the 3 on there as well. I have to use an EQ to get the thump I want out of it. I'm pretty sure it's not the Peavey Head's fault coz I believe it's a great lookin', great sounding thing of beauty. I blame the CAB for not getting the tone that hits the sweet spot for me.

If these things take as long to get to the UK as my DBZ Bird of Prey did then this will not be anytime this side of next Christmas. You guys at Peavey ever heard of Trucks and Cargo Planes?

How hard can it be?
Ade

Box

Post by Box » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:46 am

The Marshall sounds like garbage. My favourite out of those was the 430B, bet the 430A sounds quite nice as well.
I Peavey________
Ensoniq VFX
Korg Monotron
Korg Triton
Peavey Fury 1992
Peavey KB-300
Peavey Milestone 1984
Roland JX-8P
Waldorf Micro Q
Yamaha KM802
Yamaha KX5
Yamaha SY77

guitarman59

Post by guitarman59 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:09 pm

pvampmgr wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:16 am
ade247 wrote:Okay, so I've posted this before but I had no feedback so here goes again....sigh!

Cheers

Hi there, The 430A and B cabs are real, I promise. They are very new and it always takes a while for them to swim over to the UK. They are really amazing cabinets, I may be a bit biased since I was in charge of the voicing, but I think they are the best sounding 412's Peavey has ever made. Here's a really cool YouTube video of the cabinet compared to some others.

This is from a Reverb ad for these speakers. Pretty much answers the question I had about them .

Peavey Stephen's Tru Sonic V30 - 16 Ohm/30 watt speaker.
I spoke directly with Peavey and was informed they are based on a well broken in Vintage 30.
They have the same mid bump, cut & tone without the annoying "spike" and ear fatigue.

The speakers are from my USA made Peavey 430B cabinet.
For more information, give Peavey a call. They were extremely helpful.

3120, 6534+, JSX 120, Invective 120, XXX 120
2008 HP Special USA FT Moonburst
2010 HP Special USA FT Black
20XX JF-1 Sunburst
2006 HP Special CT Tobacco Burst
2002 Wolfgang Special QT Emerald Green
2011 ButcherII ,430A's TruSonic 412, 5150 412 B

guitarman59

Post by guitarman59 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:31 pm

guitarman59 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:09 pm
pvampmgr wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:16 am

Cheers

This is from a Reverb ad for these speakers. Pretty much answers the question I had about them .

Peavey Stephen's Tru Sonic V30 - 16 Ohm/30 watt speaker.
I spoke directly with Peavey and was informed they are based on a well broken in Vintage 30.
They have the same mid bump, cut & tone without the annoying "spike" and ear fatigue.

The speakers are from my USA made Peavey 430B cabinet.
For more information, give Peavey a call. They were extremely helpful.

So this guy was totally misled by whoever he talked to at Peavey. Only Mike knows the answer and he is the way of the dodo bird.

Im positive the speakers are a clone of the Celestion G12H 30 watt from the 60/70's.

That is how Peaveys own spec sheet describes them.

I have a lot of Vintage 30's and clones and these sound nothing like any of them. Mike was correct they are amazing sounding in the 430A I have and its one of the best sounding cabs I own and is paired with a 3120.
They have that crunch like an old Greenback.

If anyone runs into Mike maybe they could ask him. :?: :?: Yes I like talking to myself and do believe in Unicorns.

3120, 6534+, JSX 120, Invective 120, XXX 120
2008 HP Special USA FT Moonburst
2010 HP Special USA FT Black
20XX JF-1 Sunburst
2006 HP Special CT Tobacco Burst
2002 Wolfgang Special QT Emerald Green
2011 ButcherII ,430A's TruSonic 412, 5150 412 B