some of the most versitile peavey amps around.

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Secesh

Re: some of the most versitile peavey amps around.

Post by Secesh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:23 am

Classic30inCincy wrote:Bandit supplies 80 watts @ 8 Ohms and adding extension cab goes to 100 watts @ 4 Ohms.

Supreme Head supplies 100 Watts 24/7/365 @ 16/8/4 Ohms.

Tim The Tool Man Taylor "More Power" Version Of The Bandit 8) :wink:

Special 212 =130 watts@ 8 ohm, add ext .cab = 200 watts @4ohms..

I've always been a tube guy, until I disovered this baby... Transtubes rule the planet...
Put my Marshall JVM tuby on the road...
Too loud,huh,what did you say?

Genny S-1
Special 212 II (Featuring<Special Edition Cryo'd Transtubes) 'n' Beam Blockers
---------------

WHO DAT Geaux Tigers

Wicked_Tone

Post by Wicked_Tone » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:29 am

Aside from the VTM 120, I'm finding that the Transformer 112 combo is extremely versatile and offers quite a range of tones that are tube-like and indicative of Peavey's successful Transtube series. Currently I'm loving the High Gain setting on the Transformer with my Squier Deluxe Modified Series Strat. I can cop a great Hendrix vibe and rolling back the guitar volume really get's a nice cleaner dynamic, along with the dirty tones. Great amp if you can find either the 1x12 or 2x12 version.
Amps: VTM 120 head, Transtube Transformer 112, Marshall DSL 100, Fender Champ 600 w/Weber speaker & tweed mod
Peavey Cab: MS 4x12

schenkadere

Post by schenkadere » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:46 pm

My Transtube 112 EFX is incredibly versatile...can't get much more versatile to me.

SerialThriller

Post by SerialThriller » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Basically, if you can't get the required level of "verastility" through any of the 3-channel heads Peavey has out (or, honestly, any half-decent amp maker), then the problem isn't the amp.

I still haven't tried the Vypyr; what would make me run out the door and sell organs to get one is if they threw in a pair of EL-34s to get the Marshall\Vox sounds accurately.

Twiz

Post by Twiz » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:31 pm

I think this answer is a little biased because I just got it, but I'm really digging my Peavey Classic 50 (head and 4x10 version). It's got a great clean, the lead channel brings out my inner Angus, and the clean channel loves pedals. The only thing I'd maybe consider down the road is getting a 2x12 cab, just to get some different tones. -Different speakers.
"Each guitar has its own character and personality, which can be magnified once the player engages in beatin' it up." - Billy F. Gibbons

Edinsemple

Post by Edinsemple » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:24 pm

I have the 3120 head and it is so versatile... I can do damn near anything with it except talk myself into turning it down..... probably the greatest amp I've ever had... haven't been able to afford a mesa yet...

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:44 am

I'm going with, in no particular order, my JSX, Penta, Vypyr VIP 3, Bandit 112 and XXL. I love the Clean channel of my Triple XXX, but the JSX wins due to the wider difference in tones between the Crunch and Ultra channels.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

Revolution

Post by Revolution » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:07 pm

Wonder why the peavey revolution head isint mentioned more about versatility. Extremely tough well built amps. With all the gain youll ever need. With the chorus and the clean channel,,, omg sweet. 130 watts per channel. And 2 channels. Able to push four 412s with ease. And being a ss amp. For all you folks that swear by tubes need to gig with the revolution for a week.. Havent tried the silver and red stripe combos yet. But heads are amazing. Mines been banged around, dropped multiple times, had pitchers of beer spilled countless times, went through 10 years of band life and IS STILL GOING STRONG. Do all that to a tube amp!!!!!!!! Now lets reveiw ive had marshall , fender , randall, amps and my revolution won for every aspect a guitar player will ever want. I know opinion are based on the individual but seriously. Try one ( if you can find one ) . and you wont be disappointed