Overall "best" solid state Peavey guitar amp?

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
moshpit817

Re: Overall "best" solid state Peavey guitar amp?

Post by moshpit817 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:41 pm

I had a small Peavey Rage..I think it was an 8" speaker way back in 87' and have had a original Vypyr 30 watt combo and currently own the original Vypyr 75 watt 1-12" combo..I put a Eminence Legend V128 speaker in it and its now a really Badass Amp ! Got to say its my favorite and have had zero problems with it for 3 years now.
I have also installed a input jack and plate on the back lower panel so I can connect it to either of my 2-12"s or my 4-12" cab and it sounds amazing through these !

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:27 am

JamesPaul wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:25 pm
"Best" is defintely subjective.

Still, I'm torn between XXL and Bandit.
8 years later and not much has changed for me. I'm still on the fence.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

Revolution

Post by Revolution » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:35 pm

Peavey Revolution head period

Maguchi

Post by Maguchi » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:56 pm

Mojo wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:42 am
What gets your vote for the overall top solid state amp? Take into account versatility, tone, build quality, available power, portability, price, availability,... EVERYTHING.
I realize that different people have different needs, so the best will not be the same for everyone. This thread is asking for YOUR vote.
Please also post your reasons for your choice - I think it might make for an interesting discussion.
Peavey Bandit 65 from mid to late '80s. Durable, great sounds, versatile, great clean, good crunch. Takes pedals well. Works from jazz, to country, to rock, to metal, you name it...maybe even polka or yacht rock, who knows, never tried it for that yet.

Telecastoff1

Post by Telecastoff1 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:11 am

I recently acquired a 1980-81 Peavey Musician 400GH head from a local music store that had been in for repair22 years ago...repaired and never picked up by the original owner. It came with the original cover and Automixer pedal. I got it home, plugged it in to a 2x12 4 ohm cab and this amp sounds incredible. Is it the best Peavey amp I have??? I'm not sure yet, but it sure sounds great. Only paid a hundred bucks for it.

Sequimite

Post by Sequimite » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:41 pm

A few like the Chorus models. I'm the second to name the Backstage Chorus 208. It's one of the few Peaveys I"m willing to carry due to age and arthritis and I love the clean, the chorus and I swapped in a MOD spring reverb which I particularly like. Someone else mentioned running a Tech 21 Blonde in front. I'm doing pretty much the same thing with a Tech 21 Fly Rig 5 V2.

My other amps are all tube.

tonikroos

Post by tonikroos » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:33 am

I've found the Peavey Vypyr VIP 3 to be the overall best solid-state guitar amp from Peavey. It offers versatile tonal options, including amp modeling for various classic amplifier sounds, effects, and even bass and acoustic guitar simulation. With its 100 watts of power and a 12-inch speaker, it delivers plenty of volume and clarity for both practice and live performances. Plus, its built-in USB interface allows for easy recording and editing, making it a well-rounded choice for guitarists looking for a reliable and feature-packed solid-state amp.