Hey, Peavey! Build a class D Transtube pedal amp!

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
FleshOnGear

Hey, Peavey! Build a class D Transtube pedal amp!

Post by FleshOnGear » Tue May 23, 2023 1:13 pm

It’s all pretty much in the title. Small pedalboard fly rigs are the big thing right now, so why not wrap the Transtube tech around a class D power section and put it in a stompbox? I would buy one.

CharlieP

Re: Hey, Peavey! Build a class D Transtube pedal amp!

Post by CharlieP » Tue May 23, 2023 3:44 pm

Good suggestion!
Charlie
Gib LP Robot 2008 Met. Red, , 5E3 Build 2014
Fend Tele Dlx2010 SPL ED w/Tron Tune
3rd Build 6G3 Br. Deluxe Head 2018
VK 112 Web OT Rotary Swit. Bias Mod
Gret. G2622 P90s,G2655T, G5034, Pro Jet, Epi WildKat 2019

revida

Post by revida » Wed May 24, 2023 6:07 am

Good day! I like the notion of a Transtube class D pedal amplifier! Imagine having the iconic Transtube sound contained in a portable, small stompbox. For guitarists who adore their pedalboards, it would undoubtedly make for a practical and portable option.

You would enjoy the advantages of effective power delivery and less heat generation with a class D power section, which is always a bonus. Your tone can become warmer and more sensitive with the help of the Transtube technology, providing you a variety of sounds in a small size.

Since I am unable to construct the amplifier for you, I am hoping that someone would take up the task and realise this concept. Who knows, maybe a class D Transtube pedal amplifier may be available soon! Have fun grooving!

widafarjan

Post by widafarjan » Sun May 28, 2023 7:58 am

revida wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 6:07 am
Good day! I like the notion of a Transtube class D pedal amplifier! Imagine having the iconic Transtube sound contained in a portable, small stompbox. For guitarists who adore their pedalboards, it would undoubtedly make for a practical and portable option.

You would enjoy the advantages of effective power delivery and less heat generation with a class D power section, which is always a bonus. Your tone can become warmer and more sensitive with the help of the Transtube technology, providing you a variety of sounds in a small size.

Since I am unable to construct the amplifier for you, I am hoping that someone would take up the task and realise this concept. Who knows, maybe a class D Transtube pedal amplifier may be available soon! Have fun grooving!
We're embarking on our three-week tour in southern Sweden in early June, so making something practical and portable like this would be incredibly useful! :D I want to be one of the first buyers when something like this goes on sale!
"Life is like a guitar, if one string breaks then the melody is lost." positive r words

Pappy B

Post by Pappy B » Tue May 30, 2023 5:36 pm

With the current world econnemy I wouldn't hold my breath. But it would be great.
The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.

FleshOnGear

Post by FleshOnGear » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:19 am

Pappy B wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 5:36 pm
With the current world econnemy I wouldn't hold my breath. But it would be great.
I tend to keep my expectations low. It makes it a lot easier to be pleasantly surprised. But I figured someone had to put the idea out there.

Pappy B

Post by Pappy B » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:49 am

Actually I am quite pleased that Peavey is still with us today. We need to support them like they supported us over the years. Buy Peavey gear!
The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.

WrldEatr9

Post by WrldEatr9 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:42 am

There's so much cool stuff Peavey could do to compete with what everyone else is doing. I'd put the Peavey Vypyr Pro tech in a pedal format- without the power section of course as an alternative to all the other multifx modelling units out there. Or a 6505 lead channel headphone amp. Headphone amps don't really do high gain well, Peavey probably could. But I guess Peavey doesn't really do digital. Still they could outsource it.

studiodtk5

Post by studiodtk5 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:01 am

Right now I think Quilter has these small analog solid state amps. It would be great for Peavey to make the great small form factor amps. As well as completely analog with different voicings.
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...

dak

Post by dak » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:27 am

I am not convinced of the pedal form factor to be honest. A good class D amp might not have a lot of heat lossage but it still needs to draw and provide all the power delivered to the speaker and having this kind of power draw and delivery appear in the middle of an input level pedal arrangement seems like asking for trouble. Also, class D has some penchant for emitting RF which you don't really want in the midst of your pedals.

studiodtk5

Post by studiodtk5 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:51 am

I have not tried one yet. But if you’re interested I would look at the Quilter ones at the moment.
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...

illafent

Post by illafent » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:37 pm

how about a stereo rack transtube power amp... or a rack tube power amp... all for it