Resurrecting the Wall of Rage

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
sidge

Resurrecting the Wall of Rage

Post by sidge » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:06 am

I copped a rage 158, fell in love with it, and so now I'm going to attempt a 2x2 arrangement using the frames to screw into each other. However, the only 1 in to 4 out powered switcher I can find is the whirlwind multiselector, and I can't accept that the only solution without buying 3 1->2 splitter pedals is a (normally) ~$500 piece of hardware.
Has anyone here ever had a simultaneous array of rages, or other combo amps in general?

rogue777

Re: Resurrecting the Wall of Rage

Post by rogue777 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:00 pm

As I understand it your 2x2 amp set up would be 4 Peavey Rage amplifiers.
I had to look up a Peavey Rage. There was the Rage, the 158 and the 258. Theres some guy on uTube that had a wall of Rage with 6 Rages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPGgIDIQzpk

There seems to be a bunch of advice on the internet about how to split a guitar signal, so my advice is probably wrong!

I think this is something you can experiment with. I’d start with just paralleling all four inputs together, for your 1 guitar output to 4 amp inputs.
If that doesn’t work too well, try one effects pedal from your guitar, perhaps it would have an output buffer, able to drive 4 inputs for the Rages. I think the input impedance would be high on the amps.

sidge

Re: Resurrecting the Wall of Rage

Post by sidge » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:22 pm

I've seen that video and wish he had some footage of it. I actually just attached a second rage to my first one, and I had a boss pedal with two outputs. It sounds really good, one on clean and one distorted has a very neat sound. As does one with chorus and one just clean.
Attachments
chorus and no chorus.mp3
(2.37 MiB) Downloaded 80 times