Classic 50 410 in pawn shop?..

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
jackyjoy123

Classic 50 410 in pawn shop?..

Post by jackyjoy123 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:58 am

Hello,

I just saw a classic 50 with 4 10" speakers in a local pawn shop. It looks to be in almost new condition. Its the older style with the rectangular front. There are four speakers that say Peavey on them. I didn't look closer. The tolex is like new and it even has the Peavey logo. The price is $599 but I'm thinking on offering $500. What is the value of one of these? What kind of speakers do you suppose they are? I have a classic 20 and I just love it. This would be the end of the Classic food chain for me. I bet this would put out more volume than I will ever want.

JamesPaul

Re: Classic 50 410 in pawn shop?..

Post by JamesPaul » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:29 am

Tolex or Tweed? Rectangular front as opposed to the "Cyclops" front?

If it's a first generation Classic 50 410, the speakers are Peavey Blue Marvel's. Probably the same speaker as is in your Classic 20.

Price is always subjective, but where I'm at older Peavey gear often moves for 50% of the original MAP. Rare stuff, like your C20, will go for more and common stuff will often go for less.

If I needed a second C50 410, I'd be thinking about spending ~$400. If the one you are looking at is basically NOS, I would probably go a little higher. But temper all of this with what a C50 410 would be worth to you.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

Classic30inCincy

Re: Classic 50 410 in pawn shop?..

Post by Classic30inCincy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:38 am

Agree w/JamesPaul..... :!: :idea: :!: 8) :!: :wink: :!:

PAF Classic Series Tube Kit.......Created By Classic30inCincy
Majic Mojo Tradename..........Created By Classic30inCincy
Graduate Of Joe Friday / Dragnet School Of Correspondence
Doctorate Degree Diplomacy From Royal Order Possum Lodge