Enzo

A general discussion forum to talk about all things Peavey and everything musical.
Roger Crimm

Enzo

Post by Roger Crimm » Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:48 pm

Hi Everyone, I have been in contact with Enzo's wife and he isn't doing very well at the moment. He collapsed and is currently in the ICU with a heart issue. Everyone who has been around here for any length of time knows what a great asset he has been to this community for many, many years. You all please keep him in your thoughts, and if you pray, prayers. I will post any updates as I get them.

Feel free to post any Enzo stories or anecdotes you may have...
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

dak

Re: Enzo

Post by dak » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:48 pm

Thanks for putting us in the loop. That's certainly not the kind of news one wants to hear. Let's all hope for a speedy and comprehensive recovery.

N0YYM

Post by N0YYM » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:56 pm

Prayers for Enzo. He's one of the best resources of knowledge on the entire internet that I know of...

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:44 pm

Yeah, one never wants to see this kind of news. I'll have him, and his family, in my thoughts and prayers.

I was actually going to try to catch up with him, the next time the Buckeyes went up to play the Spartans.

I've seen him help so many people over the years, but I suppose my favorite anecdote is the one he gave me when I was working on one of my Classics. I've kept it in my signature ever since, as a gentle reminder to myself.
Enzo wrote: I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

Bassguitarist1985

Post by Bassguitarist1985 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:50 pm

Thank you Roger for keeping us updated. Wish him a speedy recovery!
Pro Audio 16FX2, PV6USB, 2xQF131, QF215, 2x SP2, 2xSP118, 2xPV1600, PV3800, 4xKPC15MP
Bass - Grind 6 NTB 410TVX, 115BVX, MAX700, 210TVX, MiniMega, VB-2, VB-3, VB-MA

Roger Crimm

Post by Roger Crimm » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:47 pm

This one is hard, and for me especially hard..... Our great friend and teacher Douglas "Enzo" McCallum passed away last night. To quote his wife Wendy "his giant heart finally gave out". I do not have the words to express what his friendship has meant to me for 25+ years. RIP "The Mighty Enzo".

At her request, I have sent Wendy a link to this thread. Please feel free to express your condolences or any feelings/stories you may have. I know his family will greatly appreciate knowing how much he meant to all of us.
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

dak

Post by dak » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:44 pm

Roger Crimm wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:47 pm
This one is hard, and for me especially hard..... Our great friend and teacher Douglas "Enzo" McCallum passed away last night. To quote his wife Wendy "his giant heart finally gave out". I do not have the words to express what his friendship has meant to me for 25+ years. RIP "The Mighty Enzo".
This is very hard to hear for me. I don't think I joined the Peavey forum for much more than half a year. Enzo has been patient and helpful during this time and more often than not first up to bat when people wanted help. It boggles the mind to hear (and read in the archives) just how long he has been helping people here and elsewhere find their way around old gear and keep or restore it to working. Politics are just now wrapping their head around "right to repair" legislation to reduce the amount of stuff going the way of the landfill. But a right to repair is of little use without the ability to repair, and Enzo was a giant in making people acquire and improve that ability and in sharing his expertise.

Bassguitarist1985

Post by Bassguitarist1985 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:38 pm

Roger Crimm wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:47 pm

At her request, I have sent Wendy a link to this thread. Please feel free to express your condolences or any feelings/stories you may have. I know his family will greatly appreciate knowing how much he meant to all of us.
Wow...such sad news. My condolences to Doug and Wendy's family. I remember when I joined in 2008 I think he was one of fhe first people who responded to my posts, helped me on my question right off the bat. What a wealth of knowledge and a fierce friend to many. May he rest in peace the Mighty Enzo.

Gary
Pro Audio 16FX2, PV6USB, 2xQF131, QF215, 2x SP2, 2xSP118, 2xPV1600, PV3800, 4xKPC15MP

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:20 pm

:cry:

It is difficult to identify, the last time I was overcome with such sadness.

While Enzo carried an engineering/technical segment of the music industry, it truly is like the industry losing an EVH.

"The Mighty Enzo" helped so many of us, in his shop, and here on the Forum, and on other Forums, maintain and repair our equipment. Be honest with yourself, how much music could you make, without your equipment?

Reflect on the hours Shiawassee was open to help us, and the hours Enzo would be on here posting, and how so much of what he did for us came out of the goodness of his giant heart.

I won't have a lot of regrets when my time is up, but now in the top 3 will be that I didn't make that drive up to Lansing sooner.

I've heard that no one is irreplaceable, but that's how I know whoever said that, never knew Enzo.

My sincerest condolences to Wendy and family. Enzo's memory will be eternal. I will miss him like a member of my family.

Many people talk about all the musicians who have passed on, and that great band they have formed on the other side. Now that great band has gained someone who will ensure they continue sound as they should.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:20 pm

And we need to consider how low activity has been here due to the pandemic.

I know that when people post their issues in the future, they will truly struggle, without Enzo to help them out.

It hurts my soul, but if there is a visitation, I am planning to make that drive.
James Paul's Peaveys

littlewyan

Post by littlewyan » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:39 am

This is very sad news. Enzo helped me on this forum and on others. He was very generous with his knowledge. He will be greatly missed.

Roger Crimm

Post by Roger Crimm » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:05 pm

From Wendy:

"I noticed that some one wondered about visitation. To those who knew him, we knew ('cause he told us all the time) that he didn't want traditional services, no prayers, no folks telling sad stories etc. so we're having an "Enzo Event" on Saturday October 1, here at "the home" (address redacted) it'll be an open house type of thing, his family and close local friends will be here, some of them playing guitar and whatnot. from 1 - 4 pm."

I removed the address, but if anyone here plans to attend, shoot me a PM. With Wendy's permission, I will pm you the address.- RC
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

Bassguitarist1985

Post by Bassguitarist1985 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:34 pm

Thank you Roger! I'm in CT, sadly I wont be able to attend. However if anyone were to take some pictures/videos of the performances, that would be beautiful to share with everyone who knew and interacted with him.

All the very best to Wendy and the family!

Pappy B

Post by Pappy B » Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:05 pm

He shared his knowledge willingly with so many of us and that makes this is a sad blow. Though I really didn't know in person I always felt like I did.

Although he is gone his his knowledge and guidance is still here in posts on this forum and others.

Thanks and farewell old Friend.
The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.

coasterman

Post by coasterman » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:38 pm

Boy Enzo is really going to be missed around here. He gave useful, factual information selflessly for many years. My sincere condolences to his family. RIP Enzo.