Logouts While Trying To Post?

A general discussion forum to talk about all things Peavey and everything musical.
JamesPaul

Logouts While Trying To Post?

Post by JamesPaul » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:36 pm

Anyone else experiencing logouts while you are trying to preview or submit a post or PM? It seems to be happening to me at least once on every post or PM. I am using Chrome and I just updated it to Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit). I will see if that makes a difference.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

Enzo

Re: Logouts While Trying To Post?

Post by Enzo » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:06 pm

I use Chrome, and once I log in, it stays logged in for months if I let it. Only time I have to relog in is when I clear my cookies.

Kevin Boudloche
Web Team

Post by Kevin Boudloche » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:08 pm

I haven't noticed any problems, but we did just update the software to the latest version. If you continue having problems, I'd suggest clearing out your cache and restarting the browser.
Web Developer | Peavey Marketing
[email protected]

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:09 pm

In the past, I always just logged in. Now I'm logging in and clicking the "Remember Me" checkbox. That seems to be keeping me logged in. FWIW, I also had a similar issue and fix with the Seymour Duncan Forum. They recently updated their forum software as well.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

guitarman59

Post by guitarman59 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:36 pm

Been doing it to me for 2 days now. Im using Chrome. Logged in and out changed password and keep ticking the remember me box but still seems buggy. Ive lost at least 4 posts that I had to redo. :?

3120, 6534+, JSX 120, Invective 120, XXX 120
2008 HP Special USA FT Moonburst
2010 HP Special USA FT Black
20XX JF-1 Sunburst
2006 HP Special CT Tobacco Burst
2002 Wolfgang Special QT Emerald Green
2011 ButcherII ,430A's TruSonic 412, 5150 412 B

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:19 pm

I had tried clearing my cache and cookies before I tried checking the "Remember me" box. So, it could have taken both for me. I'd suggest clearing those and try again with the Remember me checked.

I should note that I had this same issue on a few forums after they last upgraded.
James Paul's Peaveys

Renown

Post by Renown » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:35 am

I am having the same problem.... for some reason i cant log in with my Iphone..
Peavey Nitro 3 custom
Mesa Rectoverb 50 combo

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:38 am

If you cannot login at all, I would try the equivalent of clearing cookies and web site settings for the site forums.peavey.com . I am not an iDevice user, so I do not know the specifics. If after that you still cannot login from your iDevices, I would PM the Admins or Kevin Boudloche.
James Paul's Peaveys

Renown

Post by Renown » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:35 pm

JamesPaul wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:38 am
If you cannot login at all, I would try the equivalent of clearing cookies and web site settings for the site forums.peavey.com . I am not an iDevice user, so I do not know the specifics. If after that you still cannot login from your iDevices, I would PM the Admins or Kevin Boudloche.
still no luck i can login with my laptop just not my Iphone...
Peavey Nitro 3 custom
Mesa Rectoverb 50 combo

VSW

Post by VSW » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:58 pm

While I usually stay logged in, the past few weeks I have to login almost daily, sometimes multiple times a day. [Mac mini (Late 2012), macOS Catalina Version 10.15.4, Firefox 75.0 (64-bit).]

This happens a few times a year, but usually clears up in a couple of days. Not this time, at least so far. I hadn't posted about it because I've grown accustomed to this behavior on this (and only this) forum. However, it is sticking around this time.

It's not a big deal since I use a password manager, but still annoying.

One thing I learned over the years from other forums that behaved like this sometimes was, if you're putting much effort into a reply, compose it in a text editor or word processor and paste it in rather than working in the post window. I still forget sometimes, but it helps.

I hope this login issue resolves itself again soon. :-)
Last edited by VSW on Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vaughan

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:52 am

Renown wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:35 pm
JamesPaul wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:38 am
still no luck i can login with my laptop just not my Iphone...
Send a PM to the Admins or Kevin. Let them know which iPhone and iOS version you are using. It could be something between the site and iDevices or it could be unique to your iPhone. I would expect Peavey to have someone who could quickly test with an iDevice and sort this out.

Or any forum visitors who are successfully using an iPhone could sound off.
James Paul's Peaveys

Kevin Boudloche
Web Team

Post by Kevin Boudloche » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:06 am

Unfortunately i don't have access to a mac to test this, and we're all remote at the moment so I can't just borrow one. We did just recently switch over from peavey.com/forum back to forums.peavey.com to prepare for a peavey.com change, and after that change i did have a similar session issue, but it resolved itself after resetting my cookies/sessions/cache.

When I get a chance I'll see if there's any other way I can recreate this issue.
Web Developer | Peavey Marketing
[email protected]

VSW

Post by VSW » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:05 pm

Kevin Boudloche wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:06 am
Unfortunately i don't have access to a mac to test this, and we're all remote at the moment so I can't just borrow one. We did just recently switch over from peavey.com/forum back to forums.peavey.com to prepare for a peavey.com change, and after that change i did have a similar session issue, but it resolved itself after resetting my cookies/sessions/cache.

When I get a chance I'll see if there's any other way I can recreate this issue.
Thanks Kevin,

As I mentioned, it's an intermittent problem which makes it especially difficult to diagnose. I included my Mac's basic info for your info if you need it, but I don't think it is a huge problem, just an annoyance. I also realize that it is difficult to get access to a different platform for testing. I no longer have access to Windows computers and I often wish I could use one for a few minutes now and then.

I really want to emphasize how much I, and the other forum members, appreciate the effort all of you at Peavey put into your online presence. This forum and the archive of manuals are a great resource for everyone. I appreciate it and so do others. :D
Vaughan

Renown

Post by Renown » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:26 am

Kevin Boudloche wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:06 am

I am not able to even log in on my iphone 8.. and my laptop i have to log in and when posting it kicks me off and i have to relog in and repost my message....
Peavey Nitro 3 custom
Mesa Rectoverb 50 combo

tele twister

Post by tele twister » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:46 pm

I was having some serious problems getting logged in, and I don't know what I did to get in, but now I can't log out :o

EDIT- I think I discovered if I check remember me first, the safari auto fill disappears, then I click in the field, and it re-appears, then use the safari auto fill, and I can get in and out properly.